Topic: How to recall itemnumber of viewed image?

I work with Picasa & SimpleViewer template [1.9] and i would like to recall dynamicaly the itemnumber of the picture I viewed last before I was redirected to another page.

Let me explain.

I have in the gallery.xml in the <caption> CDATA a link to an order-page, which make me leave the index/ default page in the gallery. Let's say I was on the 19th picture of the gallery and then clicked to order.

After making the orderline I would like to go back to the index/ default page of the gallery I left, but .... then starting with picture/ itme no 19 (despite of the name of that picture).

When I use clientside javascript history.back() the gallery will start again with the first image.

QUESTION: Is there a way to get back the index/ default page of the gallery at the itemnumber where I left it? If YES please tell which version (Lite or PRO) I need for that and, if possible, show me an working example.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Re: How to recall itemnumber of viewed image?

With SimpleViewer Pro you could use the Direct linking example to either use the back event or link to the image number.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Is the issue well explained?
If not please tell me.
If yes, I would appreciate some reaction.

Addition:
Telepathy or not, but the moderator reacted at the moment I sent this reply the first time.

Last edited by berend (2010-10-31 22:44:49)

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I think that the functionality of SimpleViewer PRO is what I need.

I did some further research to understand how to proceed, but didn't find the right answers.

Do I really need a PRO license or can it also be made available for the free versions? The needed file "swfaddress.js" can be easily downloaded. Can I also download the required API Controls somewhere?

I am not unwilling to buy SimpleViewer PRO but it is for a customer. So I need to be 100% it solves the problem. I cannot find usable info on you website how to go further once having bought the PRO version. Remember I need to use it as SV template with Picasa!

Is there somewhere a clear documentation how to upgrade the free SV 1.8 template for Picasa with the Javascript API Controls?

And can I parse the "index of the current image" [output of API Method getImageIndex()] to the next 2 pages and then go back 2 steps in history and landing on the same index of the current image ?

Awaiting your answers,

best regard,

Berend

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Do I really need a PRO license or can it also be made available for the free versions? The needed file "swfaddress.js" can be easily downloaded. Can I also download the required API Controls somewhere?

Yes, to access the SimpleViewer API you need the pro version.

Is there somewhere a clear documentation how to upgrade the free SV 1.8 template for Picasa with the Javascript API Controls?

There are directions for upgrading the picasa template to use the pro assets here. However the Picasa template currently does not support the mobile version and you may have to do some additional work if you want it to output your customized HTML.

And can I parse the "index of the current image" [output of API Method getImageIndex()] to the next 2 pages and then go back 2 steps in history and landing on the same index of the current image ?

There are may ways you could do this, you could pass the info along with get/post or you could set a cookie with the info and then use first image index to go back to that image or the swfaddress/direct link method, etc.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mike,

I bought the SV PRO V2.1 but I can't get it to work with SV Picasa template V2.?.

I started a new topic on this at http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … ?pid=30951

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend