Topic: Creating Fullscreen HTML5 Galleries in Wordpress

I just took over a site that uses an old version SimpleViewer in HTML where the SV code was pasted in the body of the HTML and the images were taken from folders uploaded to the FTP. We're looking to upgrade the site to Wordpress and I was wondering if there's a better and easier way to use SimpleViewer now. We want to have SimpleViewer in it's own window, fullscreen, and with images that scale in real-time when people drag the window to different sizes all in HTML5. Will we still have to make HTML pages? Or is there a new and easier way to do this using Wordpress without having to create a separate HTML page or embeding wordpress into a Wordpress page with defined proportions? I know that you can make a gallery go into fullscreen when it's within a Wordpress page, but we want to eliminate the smaller embeded version and just have a link to the fullscreen version.

Last edited by Pcurtin (2010-11-05 06:48:45)

Re: Creating Fullscreen HTML5 Galleries in Wordpress

You may be aware that there is a WP-SimpleViewer WordPress plugin available.  However, it is designed to embed a gallery directly into a WordPress post and it has not yet been updated to use SimpleViewer v2.1 (which has the HTM5 fallback for mobile devices and browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed) so it would not be suitable for your purposes.

However, what you are looking for (a link to a fullscreen version) could be easily achived.
SimpleViewer Pro v2.1 comes with a gallery creator called svBuilder-Pro which is able to create a standalone gallery from scratch without the need to embed any code in an existing page (although that is still an option if desired).
Whilst building the gallery, you could select to use HTML only (rather than Flash) by deselecting Customise -> Embed Options -> Use Flash.
You could then upload the entire gallery folder and link to the gallery's index page from within your WordPress post.
Being that the gallery created by svBuilder-Pro has no header, footer, side menu etc it would fill the entire browser window.

To see a mobile gallery in action, view the demo gallery using a mobile device or temporarily disable Flash in your browser.

If you do not already have SimpleViewer Pro (with svBuilder-Pro) you could try this out with svBuilder which comes with the Standard version of SimpleViewer and can be downloaded from this page.

Please note that svBuilder and svBuilder-Pro require Abode Air which can be downloaded from here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi

I am new to this stuff and i want to use it on my website but unfortunately after downloading the Mac app , I uploaded images and the code it gave me I put on my website but nothing shows up on my website so please is there anything else i need to do to make the images appear on my website? thank you

@GamesNgage

Please post the URL of your gallery the is having the issue.

Mike Richards

Steven Speirs wrote:

You could then upload the entire gallery folder and link to the gallery's index page from within your WordPress post.
Being that the gallery created by svBuilder-Pro has no header, footer, side menu etc it would fill the entire browser window.

I bought the SV pro version tonight.  I'm aware of the wordpress plugin, but I'd rather use the svBuilder app as much as possible. I successfully published a gallery to a local directory and uploaded the directory to a wordpress site.  I've checked ownership and permissions of the directory.  I'm attempting to link to the index page from within a post or page without success.

In experimental mode, I've tried using the embed code in the post/page edited with a permanent link to the simpleviewer.js in the uploaded directory, which generates a 'gallery xml' not found.  Any help would be appreciated.

This FAQ may help: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #trouble_6
Otherwise, please post the URL of your gallery.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

This FAQ may help: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #trouble_6
Otherwise, please post the URL of your gallery.

This helped a lot. I used the External Gallery Folder method in the Embedding Guide http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … ml#pathing.

My problem concerned where to logically locate the Gallery folder in a Wordpress Multi-User type environment.  I was successful once I moved it out of the blogs.dir subdirectory that I had been attempting to link to.  I'll keep experimenting, but if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I really like the svBuilder-Pro app--it's a nice piece of work.  Thank you.