Topic: Strategy for creating a mobile compatible site page???

Hi All,
I need to start by saying, I am not a 'code-guy'. Not even close. I fake it with my personal site design with the use of Simpleviewer, Dreamweaver, Lightroom's web Module, Sitegrinder, etc.
I just upgraded to SimpleviewerPro 2, mostly due to the stated ability to get iPad iPhone friendly pages done.
In using svBuilder, it seems the option there is to build a gallery either in Flash or HTML5.
So far I have only 'published' Flash version, and then embedded to my existing page.

So the question is, what would you all recommend as a strategy for creating a site page that is both browser-friendly, and mobile device-friendly?
Isn't there a way for the page to recognize the type of device it is being viewed on. Seems like I remember seeing that somewhere. And if so, is that a selectable option in svBuilder? And if not, can anyone point me towards that info/code.

Again, not a code-guy here, so please, if you can keep it in layman's terms, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

- Sol

Re: Strategy for creating a mobile compatible site page???

When using svBuilder-Pro, if you select 'Use Flash' (Customize -> Embed Options) then the resulting gallery will be displayed using Adobe Flash Player if it is detected.  However, if Flash is not detected (mobile devices and browsers that do not have Flash Player installed), then the gallery will be displayed using HTML.
If you deselect 'Use Flash' in svBuilder-Pro (or svBuilder for that matter), then the gallery will be displayed using HTML regardless of whether or not Flash Player is present.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Strategy for creating a mobile compatible site page???

Steven Speirs wrote:

When using svBuilder-Pro, if you select 'Use Flash' (Customize -> Embed Options) then the resulting gallery will be displayed using Adobe Flash Player if it is detected.  However, if Flash is not detected (mobile devices and browsers that do not have Flash Player installed), then the gallery will be displayed using HTML.
If you deselect 'Use Flash' in svBuilder-Pro (or svBuilder for that matter), then the gallery will be displayed using HTML regardless of whether or not Flash Player is present.

Awesome! So you guys did the hard part for us code-defecient designers already. Way cool, Steven.
Thank you for the quick response.