Topic: Potential bugs in Simple Viewer 2.10

Hello, thought I would report these potential bugs in case they can be fixed easily.

1) In the Universal Playback mode, it seems the gallery is limited to about 49 images. My 44 gallery image works great with this mode viewed from a 32GB iPad but my 74 image gallery stops about image 49 or 50 and displays a little 9 piece cube animated in a circulating pattern.

2) When using a watermark overlayed on the images from a URL, it displays properly in the live view inside svBuilder pro and once I publish the images to the website but in the window that opens in my browser after I click "save" the overlayed watermark doesn't display. Not a big deal, just a little confusing.

Re: Potential bugs in Simple Viewer 2.10

One other question, when I use the "copy embed code" and embed the gallery in a webpage, it is giving an open window icon which opens the gallery in a new window. I don't really want to do that, is there an option in svBuilder-pro to disable this behavior?

The open window button doesn't show up when using a regular browser, it is only when using the Universal Display method via iPad that I see that open window icon. If I click it, it does work, I just prefer not to display that button or have that behavior on my gallery embedded in a web page.

Again, thanks for an awesome program!

(1) This is a known bug in the current version.  A new version addressing this issue should be released soon.
(2) The watermark is overlaid over the image as it is displayed in the gallery.  The image itself is not modified to include the watermark.  Therefore, when you view the image directly in a browser, the watermark is not present.
(3) Deselect the 'Customize -> Standard -> Show Open Button' checkbox

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

(3) Deselect the 'Customize -> Standard -> Show Open Button' checkbox

Thank you for the quick reply!

About (3), I don't see the open button when I view the page with the embedded gallery on a regular browser. I only see the open button when I view the page with an iPad.

I checked the gallery.xml for that gallery and it is already set as follows:

showOpenButton="false"

If it helps, here is the page:
http://www.bscottphoto.com/publications-awards/

Last edited by bmcent1 (2010-11-06 15:35:05)

I created a test gallery from scratch using svBuilder-Pro (from the SimpleViewer Pro v2.1 download package), deselecting 'Show Open Button' and, although I do not have an iPad, I disabled flash in my browser and the 'Open Button' does not show up in my mobile/HTML gallery.

There is a known bug in the current version which prevents 'showOpenButton' from being read if set via flashvars in the embedding code (which will be fixed in the next version) but it should work if set in the XML file.

Could you please post a URL to the gallery in question so that I can see how it displays in my Flash-less browser and try to figure out the problem.  Thanks.

Steven Speirs

I edited my post, maybe after you read it but before you posted, does that URL work for you to troubleshoot?

That's the 'showFullscreenButton' which is currently set to 'true' in your XML file.
Deselect 'Show Fullscreen Button' in svBuilder-Pro 'Customize -> Standard'.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

That's the 'showFullscreenButton' which is currently set to 'true' in your XML file.
Deselect 'Show Fullscreen Button' in svBuilder-Pro 'Customize -> Standard'.

That fixed it, thank you!! (I guess I was confused because I didn't see it in the standard browser and I assumed it would be common behavior. I just edited the gallery.xml to fix it, but I will also save the new setting in my svBuilder preferences.)

Thanks again!