Topic: Are flashvars used in mobile-mode?

How are flashvars taken care of when in "mobile mode"?

I am using "baseURL" in the html page where SimpleViewer is embedded. I suspect that this variable is not "seen" when not using flash. If so, are there alternative ways to specify the path to where the gallery is? In my setup, the path is changed according to which gallery the user selects.

Re: Are flashvars used in mobile-mode?

Currently the mobile version does not support flashvars, but the next version should fix this. Until the you can use the iframe embed method.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you. I'll wait for next update.

I have just downloaded an updated the galleries with 2.1.1. As I do not have access to a non-flash viewer at the moment, can you tell me whether a substitute to flashvars in case of non-flash viewer is implemented in 2.1.1?

You can view the mobile gallery in the browser by changing useFlash to false

SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222',true);

to:

SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222',false);

SimpleViewer 2.1.1 now supports the use of flashvars for the mobile viewer, however the mobile viewer does not yet support all of the options the flash version supports. For now you can use galleryURL and edit your XML paths, but baseURL is not yet supported.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var svCoreURL = 'path/to/svcore/';
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="path/to/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function () {
        SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222',true,{galleryURL: 'path/to/the/gallery.xml'});
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Or

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
        var svCoreURL = 'path/to/svcore/';
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="path/to/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.galleryURL = "path/to/the/gallery.xml";
    var params = {};    
    var attributes = {};
    jQuery(document).ready(function () {
        SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222',true, flashvars, params, attributes );
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!--END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

OK, I think setting the path will do.

Thanks for the reply.

Christian

Ooops... That did not do it. Re-implementing the embed code may do it, but I am not ready for that at the moment.

Awaiting patiently an update that suppports the baseURL (or whatever it will be implemented as, the clue is to have the possibility to change the "root" of gallery.xml), also when SimpleViewer encounters a viewer that does not supports flash.

Thank you anyway.