Topic: 2.1 XML Path Issue

I'm running 2.0 on a site that is running many feeds from throughout site that are database supported dynamically from a web administration. 2.1 really needs to have the ability to set the url to wherever and whatever xml file is used. As it is I can't use use this version. It's a shame too, having alternate html5 would be a valuable asset.

Re: 2.1 XML Path Issue

The option 'galleryURL' can be used to point to the desired XML file.
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … .html#html
There is a bug in v2.1 which prevents mobile/HTML galleries from being displayed if the 'galleryURL' is defined with an absolute, rather than a relative, path.  This bug will be fixed in the next version.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steve, I'll give that a try again. Neither version posted when I added that snippet into the demo for testing.

Steve,
I've tried everything. With flash version, no issues with 2.0  pointing to remote xml files. But for 2.1 it will neither point to any remote xml file for both flash and html5 versions.

Where is this snippet should the call for a remote xml file apply?

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function () {
        SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '910', '330', 'FFFFFF',true);
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!--END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Also, my xml files have a php extension, not sure that matters.

Thanks,
James

With the code you posted, you can use 'galleryURL' like so:

var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.php";
        SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '910', '330', 'FFFFFF', true, flashvars);
    });
    </script>
Steven Speirs

Thanks Steve, works.. odd I tried that previously. Where I missed it is the simpleviewer.load:

....'FFFFFF', true, flashvars);

didn't set 'flashvars'

Steve,
Tested and it works fine with ipad. However, I'm getting unsupported flash icon with my samsung galaxy series android phone. OS upgrade 2.2 is suppose to support flash, should be before end year. I don't have an iphone, I'm guessing it's fine there. Just curious if flash detection needs a little tweaked.

Hi,

I also use other names for my .xml files other than gallery.xml.  I may have more than one slideshow sharing the same directory.  Why not allow svBuilder-pro to use named xml files rather than always gallery.xml?

[*]I have tried using the fix posted above, but am not sure that it will work when the browser does not have flash.  If I create a non-flash version html and add the flashvars code to allow for a renamed gallery.xml file the non-flash version now uses flash.  I don't have an IPhone to test this in an environment where flash isn't available.[/*]

My fault.  I think I have it figured out.  My comment on svBuilder-pro still holds.  You guys don't seem to have put a lot of work into it since it was first created.

Last edited by hiker_jon (2010-11-12 21:46:29)

Steven Speirs wrote:

With the code you posted, you can use 'galleryURL' like so:

var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.php";
        SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '910', '330', 'FFFFFF', true, flashvars);
    });
    </script>

With flash it works perfect. With HTML5 (tested on IPad, iPhone and with firefox) only shows message Gallery XML not found

gallery php returns

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewergallery galleryStyle="MODERN" maxImageWidth="1024" maxImageHeight="1024" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xFFFFFF" frameWidth="10" stagePadding="40" navPadding="40" thumbColumns="2" thumbRows="3" thumbPosition="left" vAlign="center" hAlign="center" showOpenButton="true" showFullscreenButton="true" useFlickr="false" flickrUserName="" flickrTags="" languageCode="AUTO" languageList="" title="Broken Bones - Granollers 2009">
  <image imageURL="galeria/broken-bones-granollers-2009/images/broken_bones_granollers_2009_000.jpg" thumbURL="galeria/broken-bones-granollers-2009/thumbnails/broken_bones_granollers_2009_000.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
  <caption>Broken Bones Granollers 2009 000</caption>
</image>
  <image imageURL="galeria/broken-bones-granollers-2009/images/broken_bones_granollers_2009_001.jpg" thumbURL="galeria/broken-bones-granollers-2009/thumbnails/broken_bones_granollers_2009_001.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
  <caption>Broken Bones Granollers 2009 001</caption>
</image>
  <image imageURL="galeria/broken-bones-granollers-2009/images/broken_bones_granollers_2009_002.jpg" thumbURL="galeria/broken-bones-granollers-2009/thumbnails/broken_bones_granollers_2009_002.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
  <caption>Broken Bones Granollers 2009 002</caption>
</image>
</simpleviewergallery>

I have on htdocs the gallery.php, page.php with the previous code, and svcore and "galeria/broken-bones-granollers-2009" with images and thumbnails path, and all images into it

Seems that param galleryURL only works with flash.

Edit:
I upload to my server... you can test this page with firefox or chrome (works nice) but doesn't works with iPad and iPhone.
http://www.surfzone.org/reponew.php?Id=47

if you wanna see the xml that I generate
http://www.surfzone.org/gallery2.php?Id=47

Edit 2:
I'm not using Simpleviewer-Pro!!!! I'm using Simpleviewer FREE 2.1.1 (maybe is not suported in this version?)

Last edited by surfzone (2010-12-02 00:36:30)

In the php you are using to generate the XML are you setting the content type?

<?php
header ("Content-Type:text/xml");
?>
Mike Richards

Mike Richards wrote:

In the php you are using to generate the XML are you setting the content type?

<?php
header ("Content-Type:text/xml");
?>

Perfect. It works fine now, but with fullscreen with HTML5 it shows Gallery XML not found

http://surfzone.homeip.net/surfzone/repo.php?Id=47
(uses http://surfzone.homeip.net/surfzone/gallery2.php?Id=47)

when presses full screen button appears
http://surfzone.homeip.net/surfzone/svc … .php?Id=47
it shows Gallery XML not found

SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '1000px', GetFlashHeight(), 'transparent', false, flashvars);

If you temporarily replace GetFlashHeight() with a number and clear you browser cache does it work?

Mike Richards