Topic: Improvements

I've just started using this gallery, and have to say it's brilliant. But there are a couple of features i would like to see in a future version;

* Option to show the name of the image which the mouse pointer is currently over above or below the gallery
* Option to change color of the border of the reload and navigation buttons (makes it easier to see)
* Option to have more than 1 border on the images. There should be at least 2 borders, 1 inner and 1 outer border around the images (makes the galley more elegant)

And a final thing, i've seen quite a couple of other flash galleries which doesn't need to have a pre-defined xml file for the images. How about an option to just read all the images in a folder and display those ?

smile

Last edited by Imagix (2010-11-10 11:33:02)

Re: Improvements

How about an option to just read all the images in a folder and display those ?

You can use the following PHP page as your XML file.  Call the file 'gallery.php', use the line:

fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "gallery.php");

... in your embedding code and place all your images in a folder called 'images'. (The server must have PHP installed for this to work.)

<?php
function GetDirArray($folder)
{
    $handle=opendir($folder);
    while ($file=readdir($handle))
    {
        if ($file!="." && $file!="..")
        {
            $ret[count($ret)]=$file;
        }
    }
    closedir($handle);
    sort($ret);
    return $ret;
}
$gallery=GetDirArray('images');
echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>';
echo '<tiltviewergallery>';
echo '<photos>';
for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($gallery); $i++)
{
    echo '<photo imageurl="images/'.$gallery[$i].'"><title></title><description></description></photo>';
}
echo '</photos>';
echo '</tiltviewergallery>';
?>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.