Topic: Can't make latest SV Picasa template and SV PRO V2.1 work together

I installed the latest SVPicasa template in Picasa3 and bought the SV PRO2.1 recentley.

Now I want them to work together, so I followed instruction on http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … tml#picasa

Then I made a gallery but it doesn't show up in my browser; I get javascript errors related to .js files.

The latest SVPicasa template as such works fine and SV PRO V2.1, using svBuilder_PRO also works fine (although I am not yet sure if all the claimed option will work because I didn't yet test it extensively).

I would appreciate if there will be an extensive instructie "How to work with SV PRO 2.1 and SV Picasa template V2"; as a matter of facts I can't understand it is not yet there!!

Note: This a following topic on http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … ?pid=30952

Last edited by berend (2010-11-09 21:51:46)

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Re: Can't make latest SV Picasa template and SV PRO V2.1 work together

The SimpleViewer Picasa template has not yet been updated to use SimpleViewer v2.1.
Until the updated template is released, you can convert your v2.0.3 galleries created with Picasa to v2.1 by using svBuilder-Pro and following the instructions here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … grade.html

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That's what I absolutely don't want to do: Use svBuilder-Pro to convert v2.0.3 galleries to v2.1.

What is needed to update the SV Picasa template to V2.1? I'm now building a new header.xml with the configuration I need. Is anything more required?

When can we expect your upgrade of SV Picasa templste?

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Is anything more required?

Yes, SimpleViewer v2.1 uses a 'svcore' folder with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and SWF files (in order to provide an HTML fallback for mobile devices and browers which no not have Flash Player installed) so it is not just a case of swapping over a SWF file.
Also, the embedding code is different.  The plugin's code will have to reflect these changes.

When can we expect your upgrade of SV Picasa templste?

Hopefully very soon.  I am sorry that I am unable to give you a more precise timescale.

Steven Speirs

berend wrote:

I'm now building a new header.xml with the configuration I need.

I have build a new header.xml and created a gallery via SV Picasa template. In the gallery folder I have also the .swf , simpleviewer.js and jquery-1.3.2.min.js of svBuilder-Pro (out of the 'svcore' folder).

The created gallery.xml looks now like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<simpleviewergallery

title="Evenement"
    showOpenButton="FALSE"
    showFullscreenButton="FALSE"
    watermarkURL="../../copyright_new.png"
    stagePadding="0"
    stageHPadding="0"
    stageVPadding="15"
    frameWidth="0"
    imageFrameStyle="ROUNDED"
    imageDropShadow="true"
    dropShadowStrength="2"
    maxImageWidth="640"
    maxImageHeight="640"
    imagePath="http://www.mijndomein.com/archief_opslag/Archief 2010/Test Galery/"
    imageQuality="100"
    showImageNumber="TRUE"
    thumbNavStyle="BIG"
    thumbPosition="TOP"
    thumbWidth="75"
    thumbHeight="75"
    thumbRows="1"
    thumbColumns="6"
    thumbPath="thumbnails/"
    thumbQuality="100"
    galleryStyle="CLASSIC"
    enableMouseWheel="true"
    enableAPI="true"
    textColor="FFFFFF"
    frameColor="FFFFFF"
    lockTopStack="true"
    lockBottomStack="false"
    showOverlay="ALWAYS"
    imageNavColor="FFFFFF"
>

<image imageURL="images/baa_0552.jpg" thumbURL="thumbnails/baa_0552.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
    <caption><![CDATA[<font size="14"><A href="../../../f.php?nr=baa_0552.jpg&e=Test Galery&r=Archief 2010" target="main"><font size="14"><b>Stap 3: </b><U>Bestel <b>deze</b> foto.</U></font></A>&nbsp;»»»</font>]]></caption>
</image><image imageURL="images/baa_0554.jpg" thumbURL="thumbnails/baa_0554.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
    <caption><![CDATA[<font size="14"><A href="../../../f.php?nr=baa_0554.jpg&e=Test Galery&r=Archief 2010" target="main"><font size="14"><b>Stap 3: </b><U>Bestel <b>deze</b> foto.</U></font></A>&nbsp;»»»</font>]]></caption>
</image>

</simpleviewergallery>

The Config options "watermarkURL" and "imagePath" won't work.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

UPDATE:

The Config options "watermarkURL" and "imagePath" won't work.

I have "watermarkURL" now working correctly.

Last edited by berend (2010-11-12 15:42:59)

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

'imagePath' is a variable used by SimpleViewer v1.9 and it has been left active for backwards compatibility only.
If you are using the v2 image tag format (which you are), then the 'imagePath' entry will be ignored and you should set the paths to the images and thumbs via 'imageURL' and 'thumbURL' respectively.

Steven Speirs

Steven,

Thanks! I changed imagepath to imageURL but I still don't get the images placed on the other domain. It still takes the images placed on the domain where the index.html is placed.

So it looks like config option "imageURL" is also ignored.

I embedded in the HTML:

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="simpleviewer.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            var flashvars = {};
            flashvars.galleryURL = "galleryprototype.xml";
            var params = {};           
            params.allowfullscreen = true;
            params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
            params.bgcolor = "ffffff";
            swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "100%", "100%", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
        </script>

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

imagePath was an attribute within the opening <simpleviewergallery> tag.

imageURL and thumbURL are attributes within the <image> tags.

For v1.9, you would use something like:

<simpleviewergallery imagePath="images/" thumbPath="thumbs/">
    <image>
        <filename>image1.jpg</filename>
    </image>
    <image>
        <filename>image2.jpg</filename>
    </image>
</simpleviewergallery>

For v2.0 onwards, you would use something like:

<simpleviewergallery>
    <image imageURL="images/image1.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/thumb1.jpg"></image>
    <image imageURL="images/image2.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/thumb2.jpg"></image>
</simpleviewergallery>

In v1.9, the image and thumbnail had to have the same name and all images and thumbs had to be in the same directories.
In v2.0, each image and thumbnail URL can be specified separately (via relative or absolute paths) using imageURL and thumbURL attributes in each <image> tag.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

In v2.0, each image and thumbnail URL can be specified separately (via relative or absolute paths) using imageURL and thumbURL attributes in each <image> tag.

Steven,

I got the point! It makes it more complicated to generate the right .xml file via SV Picasa template. I wil work on it later today and report progress here.
It's now dinner time here in the Netherlands and I'm hungry.

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

The current Picasa template (although not yet updated to v2.1) generates v2.0 image tag format code (including relative paths for both the thumbs and the main images) to create a self-contained gallery.
You can change options in the 'header.xml' file to configure the layout of the gallery but there should be no need to change any paths.

Steven Speirs

I want to store the main images on a different domain (read : server) for reason of cheap disk space.

I put in the .xml file the absolute path to the main image as follows:

<image imageURL="http://www.mijndomein.com/archief_opslag/Archief 2010/Test Galery/images/baa_0552.jpg" thumbURL="thumbnails/baa_0552.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
    <caption><![CDATA[<font size="14"><A href="../../../f.php?nr=baa_0552.jpg&e=Test Galery&r=" target="main"><font size="14"><b>Stap 3: </b><U>Bestel <b>deze</b> foto.</U></font></A>&nbsp;»»»</font>]]></caption>
</image>

It didn't work ... the main image doesn/t/ show up! Now first my dinner.

Last edited by berend (2010-11-12 17:09:00)

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Take a look at this FAQ:
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … trouble_11

Steven Speirs

No! That not the issue. I have crossdomain.xml installed in the root and all directory-/ folder-levels down of the "remote server/domain" where the images are stored, already from the beginning. I wonder if I'm hindered in testing the changs I make because of "caching" on my PC, although I added a meta-tag to prevent caching to the index.html file.

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Post the URL to the gallery and I'll take a look.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

Post the URL to the gallery and I'll take a look.

http://fotograaf-evenementen.nl/galerie … index.html

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Prefix your absolute URLs with 'http://' so that, for example:

www.example.com/gallery/image.jpg

... becomes:

http://www.example.com/gallery/image.jpg

Also, you should escape the double chevrons in your captions as they are causing XML parsing errors. Use &#0187; for each double chevron instead.

Steven Speirs

Prefix your absolute URLs with 'http://'

I already tested that and it didn't help. I have adapted the .xml again with the "http://" infront of the URL.

A chevren = ' ? A double chevron = "? Escape double chevron = \" i.s.o. " in the captions?

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend

Try opening your gallery.xml file directly in a browser and you'll see what I mean.
You have these characters »»» in the captions and they are causing XML parsing errors.
Replace each » with &#0187;

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

You have these characters »»» in the captions and they are causing XML parsing errors.
Replace each » with &#0187;

Ok. I see the parsing error and I did the replacement as you suggested. However this doesn't solve anything; after the replacement I still get the parsing error where it's now character 187 in line 41. So I have to count -:)

But I cannot understand that this is te cause of the real issue. I already use this CAPTION for over 4 years in different websites without any problem of parsing errors.

It must be something else that prevents the "remote images" to show up.

Nevertheless ... I will try to find out what's causing the .xml parsing error in XSL format.

UPDATE 1: When I remove the whole CAPTION from the XML file I have NO PARSING ERROR anymore and ...... IT SEEMS TO WORK. Now to find out what causes the parsing problem in the CAPTION.

But I still don't understand why it works perfectly with the 'faulty Caption' with V 1.8 (since april 2006) and V 1.9 (last month) ????? sad

UPDATE 2: Steven, you were right. The characters »»» caused the problem.

Thanks for your help!  wink I am now back to the functionality I had before with V 1.9, but I have learned much about the possibilities of the V2.1 PRO version in combination with SV Picasa template V 2.0.

Next I need to retrieve the imageIndex with SV Api in order to use browser back-button or javascript history.back() and land on the image I last viewed.

Last edited by berend (2010-11-13 17:12:13)

met vriendelijke groet,
Berend