Topic: SV and HTML 5 and menu nav

Can a JS drop down menu be used on the same page with the new 2.1 version of Simple Viewer? I want people to be able to use Flash when possible, but still be able to see the site on ipads, etc... Regardless of whether it is being seen with Flash or HTML5, I still want to be able to keep my menu navigation that includes java script drop down menus to remain intact. 

Is this a problem?

Can an existing site made with Simple Viewer Pro 2.0 be converted to the 2.1 HTML5 advantages with just minor changes (so not everything has to be started over from scratch)?

Am I correct that thumbnail navigation will not be possible at all when SV is displayed on ipad? It has to be done with clicking an advance arrow?

Thank you for your help!

Re: SV and HTML 5 and menu nav

Can a JS drop down menu be used on the same page with the new 2.1 version of Simple Viewer? I want people to be able to use Flash when possible, but still be able to see the site on ipads, etc... Regardless of whether it is being seen with Flash or HTML5, I still want to be able to keep my menu navigation that includes java script drop down menus to remain intact.

Just change the embed dimension setting so that the mobile app wont take up the fullscreen. Also make sure to set flash's wmode so it wont cover the drop down. 

Is this a problem?

The problem is not going to be with SimpleViewer, but with the iPad, iPhone, and other touch devices. Many if not all of these devices do not register hover states so they wont cause your menu to drop down.

Can an existing site made with Simple Viewer Pro 2.0 be converted to the 2.1 HTML5 advantages with just minor changes (so not everything has to be started over from scratch)?

Yes, you can either open the existing gallery in the new version of svBuilder to upgrade it or replace the HTML embed code, update the gallery.xml delete the old simpleviewer.swf, upload the svCore folder and clear your browser's cache.

Am I correct that thumbnail navigation will not be possible at all when SV is displayed on ipad? It has to be done with clicking an advance arrow?

Yes, currently the mobile app does not use thumbnails.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.