Topic: cutting off bottom of gallery at lower screen res/mobile screens

Hi, I'm using simple viewer 2.1 on my website - www.dirtyvectors.co.uk in the portfolios section.

It works fine on my monitor (1920 x 1080), but I tried it on other monitors (1280 x 720) and an htc desire screen, and when the gallery loads, the bottom of the image and the row of thumbnails which are normally underneath, are cut off(as well as your simple viewer link logo which isn't doing you any favours) even though the cell containing it is still there with the full background image showing.

It is embedded into an html page using the code given by the simple viewer gallery maker. The cell is set to 720x720 here is the embed code:

<td width="720" height="720" rowspan="10" align="left" valign="bottom" background="../images/dirty_vectors_portbackground_04.jpg" bgcolor="#000000" >

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "720", "720", "333333", true, null, {wmode : "transparent"});
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->          </td>

I've tried setting the sv-container bit to 100%,100% but it screws my whole page up.

I'm not sure what's going on because the actual cell is still all there but it seems anything below the initial page view(turn over?) where you have to scroll down isn't displaying. When I play around with my screen resolution to test it now it I can get it to load up the thumbnails so that the bottom half is invisible. the whole thing still works as long as you can see a bit of the thumbnails.

But I'm worried that if people don't have big screens they aren't going to know what's there or how to view my other images.

Has anyone else encountered this or do they know why it's happening, and how to fix it?

Please let me know if you've any ideas. Thank you

Re: cutting off bottom of gallery at lower screen res/mobile screens

Try eliminating the HTML errors on your pages.  You can use the W3C Markup Validation Service.  On the first 'Portfolio' gallery, there are a few table errors and being that you are embedding SimpleViewer into a table element, this might solve your problem.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven, I will try this and let you know if it fixes it...

Did you figure this out?  I'm having the same problem.

Not yet, going to try over the weekend, so will definitely post back if I find anything further.

I have seen this before and I'm not sure what causes it yet, but you can add the following to your css to force it have a height, just change the 600 to whatever size you would like it to be. Please note that this may not work in IE.

<style type="text/css" media="screen">
    #sv-mobile-flash { height: 600 !important;}
</style>

http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … p?id=11573

Mike Richards

Hi,

Thanks to mike and steven for your help, I tried fixing the errors on my page, but it didn't seem to make any difference so I reverted back to how it was, tried adding this code, but wasn't sure exactly how to implement it, so couldn't get that to work either(I'm afraid I'm not a webdesigner, so my site is both messy and it relies on dreamweaver and cut and paste code from here and there)

Anyway, I've found it's not specifically a resolution issue - it even happens on simple viewers own compact embedded demo gallery, if you have a small window(smaller than max size of gallery, and so you need to scroll down, anything that isn't initially seen in the window will not be there when you scroll down.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … s/compact/

so as a work around I've tried to make a scaling gallery in a fixed container so that if the window is smaller than 720px tall then the gallery will scale, but I've run into a problem - if the window gets too big the gallery extends out beyond the bottom of it's cell and my page. I don't think there is anyway around this so I haven't updated my actual website. Is there anyway I can set the simpleviewer gallery to scale to 100% of the page up to a max height of 720px?

Here's the bit of code as it was when I tired to scale it, I managed to get the cell to not throw out the whole page by setting a max-height to the div sv-container, but can't do the same to the gallery itself:

<td width="720" height="720" rowspan="10" align="left" valign="top" background="../images/dirty_vectors_portbackground_04.jpg" bgcolor="#000000" >

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%" , "333333", true, null, {wmode : "transparent"});
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container" style="max-height: 720px"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->          </td>

I think it is beyond me to fix this unless someone else knows otherwise...

Thanks

If the height of your gallery is 720, just add the following the the head of your HTML document. Make sure to clear your browser's cache after making any change.

<style type="text/css" media="screen">
    #sv-mobile-flash { height: 720 !important;}
</style>

As for your HTML errors, you will need to fix at least some of the HTML errors in order for you page to function properly, for example you currently have two <head> tags.

Mike Richards

This should be fixed in the version that was just released, SimpleViewer 2.1.1. To upgrade delete the svCore folder from your server and upload the new svCore folder from the SimpleViewer 2.1.1 download, remove the CSS change if you made it and clear your browser cache or you can upgrade the gallery using in the new version of svBuilder.

Mike Richards

Hi Mike and Steve and everyone else at simple viewer,

Yep that has fixed it, I fixed a couple of glaring errors on my page too.

Thanks so much for your great work, it's so good to use a product that has such excellent support, and works so well in the first place.

Thanks