Topic: Simpleviewer loads slow in website.

Good afternoon,

I’m using the Simpleviewer-Pro plugin in my website www.nmldesign.nl.

When I switch to the Portfolio it takes quite a while before the thumbnails and the pictures are shown.

Does anybody have an idea to improve this loading-process?

Thanx in advance!

Joost

Re: Simpleviewer loads slow in website.

Your galleries load pretty quickly for me (approximately 8 seconds to display the page and completely preload the first page of thumbnails on a 6.5Mbps broadband line).
As long as you have dedicated small thumbnails (rather than using the main images for thumbnails) and the main images themselves aren't too big, then you've done all you can and the speed will be dependent on the server and your own internet connection.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Loaded pretty quick for me joost.  If you're on a shared hosting account, that may be your issue.  Some companies like to cram a ton of websites on one server to keep costs down, unfortunately your website suffers.

I found the loading a little bit slow, I'm using Flickr as picture source.

Is this because that there's no thumb images if we use Flickr? Do I understand it correct?
Will it be faster if i use the "Local" mode for photo gallery?

I like the showing picture description feature of Flickr mode, there's no description displayed if I use local photo gallery mode, am I correct?

@shddream

Will it be faster if i use the "Local" mode for photo gallery?

It might be a little faster when using local images rather than a Flickr account as a source of images but this will depend on the speed at which your web server is able to deliver the images to the user's browser.

I like the showing picture description feature of Flickr mode, there's no description displayed if I use local photo gallery mode, am I correct?

Captions can be used with a local (non-Flickr) gallery.
If using svBuilder-Pro to create your gallery, captions can be entered into the top text field for each image on the 'Images' tab.
Alternatively, to save you typing in a caption for each image, you can choose to use the 'File Name' or 'Link URL' as a caption automatically via the 'Images -> Captions' application drop-down menu at the top.
The 'svBuilder-Pro User Guide' can be found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … uilderpro/

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.