Topic: Moving the Image Nav Arrows

This is where I am so far. I duplicated the arrow mc in the library of the fla, changed the color to preference, and brought in a new instance for the ImageBackButton and ImageNextButton mcs. I followed the instructions here to split out the arrow color from the image frame color.

Now the arrows are not right; specifically the back arrow. What did I do wrong?

Additionally, my goal is to bring both image nav arrows to the bottom of the image. Any advice on that? Thanks!

Re: Moving the Image Nav Arrows

Any thoughts on this? Here's a link if that helps. Thanks!

Okay, for the benefit of other Flash novices, here's what I've done so far:

When I created the new library item I call arrowDark, I brought an instance of it into both ImageBackButton and ImageNextButton; I flipped the arrowDark horizontally for use in the ImageBackButton. Shouldn't have done this; to fix it, I made a new library image called arrowDark left and swapped that into the ImageBackButton. Voila! All is well!

Now what I want to do is move both arrows down to the bottom corners of the main image.

Thanks!

For what it's worth, I went into ImageArea.as and changed lines 205 and 208.

First I tried adding a fixed pixel count to the y values, but this doesn't account for images that are shorter than my max image height. So I changed h/2 to h, which worked really well. I can tweak it by subtracting a fixed pixel count now. smile

So...let's say I want to change these arrows so they're in a fixed position in the movie. I would just sort out where I want them, and be sure to change lines 206 and 209 to move the hit area accordingly, correct?

Hey Meta,

Hi,
You can change the location in ImageArea.as
around line 205
This will locate your buttons below the image, based on a btn width of 54pix, adjust to your needs
Code:

/*
/////////////////////////resize if needed with math of image *changed* ///button width =54
*/
         mBackBtn.setBtnPosn(imgx -fw + btnW,imgy + h  + btnW );      
         mBackBtn.setHitPosn(imgx - fw - btnW,imgy +h + btnW/2);
         mBackBtn.setHitSize(w/4,h/4);      
         mNextBtn.setBtnPosn(imgx + w  - btnW,imgy + h  + btnW );      
         mNextBtn.setHitPosn(imgx + fw + w*2/3 +btnW,imgy + h + btnW/2 );
         mNextBtn.setHitSize(w/4,h/4);

}else{

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … highlight=

Example here, in progress
http://CortezRally.com/gallery/
hth
Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

That's perfect, thanks!