Topic: autoviewer_pro in Adobe Bridge

Hello, you it is possible to integrate autoviewer_pro in Adobe Bridge and how? thank you.

Re: autoviewer_pro in Adobe Bridge

Rename your 'autoviewer.swf' file (from your AutoViewer-Pro download) to 'viewer.swf' and overwrite the existing 'viewer.swf' file in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Bridge CS5 Extensions\Adobe Output Module\mediagallery\resources\airtightgallery\autoviewer\

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

Do you have a method for doing the same thing using Bridge CS5 & Mac OS X with Simple Viewer Pro v2.1.2?

Thanks!

Seb

Last edited by sebett (2011-03-03 14:27:18)

You could take the 'simpleviewer.swf' file from the 'simpleviewer_pro_212/web/svcore/swf/' folder, rename it to 'viewer.swf' and place it in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Bridge CS5 Extensions\Adobe Output Module\mediagallery\resources\airtightgallery\simpleviewer\ (overwriting the existing file).
This would work but you would, however, lose the Universal Playback functionality (HTML gallery display for mobile devices and browsers that do not have Adobe Flash Player installed).

Steven Speirs

you would, however, lose the Universal Playback functionality

I've been using the version of Simple Viewer that is included in Bridge CS5. I'd like to upgrade to the pro version but I want to make sure I understand this. If I use Simpleviewer Pro in Bridge, I lose the Universal Playback functionality? Is that correct.

Since one of the main reasons I want to upgrade is to have galleries display on mobile devices, what is the best route to follow. Use Simpleviewer as a stand-alone application?

A little more information. I built my site in Dreamweaver and then embedded the gallery within a page using an i-Frame. With Bridge it is very easy because I can just save the gallery to the appropriate folder on my website.

That's simple and convenient, but if I lose the Universal Playback, I'd rather not use Bridge. I just want to make sure I understand the situation.

The version of SimpleViewer that comes with Adobe Bridge CS5 is v1.9 which does not support Universal Playback.
Being that you are using an <iframe>, the easiest method to incorporate Universal Playback in your site would be to create your SimpleViewer Pro gallery using svBuilder-Pro (a standalone Adobe Air application which comes with SimpleViewer Pro) and then replace the existing SimpleViewer Pro gallery folder in your site's structure with the gallery folder created by svBuilder-Pro.

Steven Speirs

Thanks. I went ahead and bought SimpleViewer Pro. I'll try svBuilder Pro.