Topic: Thumbnails Not Appearing

I setup a gallery using WP-SimpleViewer plugin on a Wordpress site. However, the thumbnails do not appear (however, you can click on the spots where the thumbnails should be appearing and it will rotate the pictures). Why are the thumbnails not appearing - see link below. Thanks.

http://visionspainters.com/photo-galler … rcial-govt

Re: Thumbnails Not Appearing

I'm not exactly sure why your thumbnails are not being displayed but opening them in Irfanview and resaving them (still as 'png's) seems to fix the problem.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

I'm not exactly sure why your thumbnails are not being displayed but opening them in Irfanview and resaving them (still as 'png's) seems to fix the problem.

What is Irfanview and why do I have to use this with SimpleViewer?

Irfanview is a free imaging program I use.
There is something about your thumbnails that SimpleViewer does not seem to like.
When using one of your main images as both a thumbnail and main image, both are displayed by SimpleViewer.
When using one of your thumbnails as both a thumbnail and main image, neither are displayed by SimpleViewer.
However, if I open one of your thumbnails in my imaging program and simply resave it (keeping it as a png file), then it is displayed OK.

What program did you use to create your thumbnails?  Are there any settings you could change whilst saving the files?

I realise that my suggestion (to resave the images in a different imaging program or convert them to jpgs, perhaps as a batch process to save time) is a workaround rather than a solution but I do not know why your thumbnails are not being displayed.
I have tried creating png files with different encoding (ASCII vs binary), different compression (with and without PNGOUT plugin) and with and without transparency and I cannot make a png file that SimpleViewer fails to display.
Perhaps someone else can shed some light on this.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.