Topic: Cannot add gallery

I am using Wordpress 3.0.1, and my server file permissions are set so that I am able upload images to wp-content/uploads.

I downloaded wp-simpleviewer from www.simpleviewer.net today and installed and activated the plugin in Wordpress.

I open a post, click the eyeball to add a gallery to the post, and the pop-up menu is displayed .

I give the gallery a name and select use the Wordpress library.

When I click add gallery, nothing happens.

Where is the gallery file being written? To wp-content/uploads?

Re: Cannot add gallery

When you say 'nothing happens', is the 'Add Gallery' button completely ineffective? The 'Add SimpleViewer Gallery' window (pop-up menu) should close and the appropriate code should be entered in the post.
I'm not sure what could be causing the problem but I can confirm that the gallery XML files are written to the 'wp-content/uploads/' folder.
In the event of the WP-SimpleViewer plugin not functioning correctly, I'd recommend deactivating, uninstalling and reinstalling following the instructions here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … r/#install
I realise that you may just have recently followed this procedure but it can't hurt to try again and it should take only a few minutes.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thxs for your prompt reply.

No code was written to the post when the "Add Gallery" button was clicked. The button did nothing and the pop-up window remained.

I am sure that I have write permissions to wp-content/uploads since I was able to upload images. The server is a Linux server using Apache v5.5?? Linux is very case sensitive, so upLoads is not the same as uploads. I ran into this problem earlier. Are you writing to uploads, all lower case. Any problem there?

I had already done this, but I did it again. I deactivated, uninstalled, downloaded, and reinstalled. Still did not correct the problem?

WP-SimpleViewer is v2.0.5, while the current version of SimpleViewer is v2.1.1. Any problem?

What version of PHP is required?

Any other suggestions?

What version of PHP are you running?

Felix Turner

Linux  Server

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

MySQL Client Version v5.0.77 with PHP Extension mysqli

PHPMyAdmin v3.3.3 which requires PHP v5.2.0 or higher.

So until I can ask my web host, PHP versionis 5.2.0 or higher

PHP version is 5.2.10

Still cannot get a gallery to add.

I'm in the same boat, it inexplicably will not add the gallery the popup box just stays.

I've tried everything I know to try.

I  am waiting for the support team to investigate this further and come up with a fix.

We are looking into this. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce the issue yet.

Felix Turner

I was interested in purchase the Pro version from your company, but I wanted to to make sure that the free standard version worked before purchasing, How long do you think it will take you to resolve this issue so I can move forward with the purchas of the the Pro version? I have some deadlines to contend with?

This is the same thing  that is happening to me.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin as per the instructions and it still does nothing.   I have tried it on my own computer in both Firefox and in IE.  I also tried it on my mother's computer just in case it was something was wonky with my browser settings, but the same thing happened there.

If you think that logging in to my WP installation might help you figure out the problem, I'd be happy to send you my login info.

I'm having the exact same problem!
I'm Running

WP 3.01
WP-SimpleViewer 2.0.5
PHP 5.2.9
Windows 7 64 bit
Firefox, Chrome, and IE

Tried disabling and reinstalling through the download link in Wordpress

For everyone else who has had this problem... I've given up on the WP-SimpleViewer plugin and gone with the Kimili Flash Embed plugin.  Instructions are here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external about halfway down the page.  The plugin is here: http://kimili.com/plugins/kml_flashembed/wp.

It would be nice to get the WP-SimpleViewer plugin to function properly, but frankly, I don't have the patience to try and figure it out - I just want my website to work, NOW.

Last edited by deliiria (2010-12-02 19:46:19)

Felix,

You have several potential customers that have the same problem. What can we do to get you to help us resolve this problem? This has been an issue for 3 weeks. Pls respond. Thxs.

Hi,

we need some help reproducing this bug. If you are experiencing it and are willing to provide access to your WP install, please contact me via email: felix@simpleviewer.net. Thanks!

Felix Turner

OK we finally figured out the issue.

The WP-SimpleViewer plugin will fail if the server's PHP DOM extension has been disabled. This DOM extension is generally available in PHP 5 by default, but some sys-admins may disable it.

To enable the DOM extension please check with your web server administrator or view these instructions: http://serverfault.com/questions/66189/ … piling-php

The next version of the plugin will warn the user if the DOM extension is disabled.

Felix Turner

I still have this problem, eventhough php-DOM is enabled.

Any other reason that could cause this issue? Below output of phpinfo on the DOM-part:
DOM/XML     enabled
DOM/XML API Version     20031129
libxml Version     2.6.32
HTML Support     enabled
XPath Support     enabled
XPointer Support     enabled
Schema Support     enabled
RelaxNG Support     enabled

With kind regards,
Dries

I also have this issue.

I am running PHP Version 5.2.6 with DOM enabled as below:

DOM/XML    enabled
DOM/XML API Version    20031129
libxml Version    2.6.26
HTML Support    enabled
XPath Support    enabled
XPointer Support    enabled
Schema Support    enabled
RelaxNG Support    enabled

I will purchase the Pro version, but only if I can get this working!

Thanks

Hello?

Sorry we are going to need more info than "this doesn't work for me too".

Debugging WordPress plugin issues is difficult because there is so much variety in how servers are configured. We have not been able to reproduce this issue on our servers. If you would like to help fixing this issue and are willing to provide access to your WP install, please contact me via email: felix@simpleviewer.net. Thanks!

Felix Turner

I emailed you Felix.  I am having the same problems as are mentioned above.  I already purchased the new SV pro version and was using the old pro version for a few years. 

This is a huge issue for me because my site is for business and I am attempting to replace my recent work galleries with the new version of simpleviewer.  This problem is not solved at this point.  Below is a complete description of my issues:

I cannot add a gallery in wordpress.

When I try to add a gallery, the pop-up menu is displayed.  When I click the add gallery button, nothing happens.

I am running PHP 5.2 or higher and DOM is enabled - I just checked that out with my server company.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin.  There is a problem with your programming.

I read through all the forum posts and the problem still exists.  I am using the latest version of wordpress and just purchased Simpleviewer pro.

Any help would be appreciated.  I used the old Simpleviewer pro without problems in wordpress for years.  This new issue needs a fix.

Thanks

I attempted to use simpleviewer with the kimili flash embed plugin.  I can get a simpleviewer gallery to show by manually inserting kimili code, however the kimili plugin also fails to work properly to generate tags for wordpress.   The kimili plugin will not allow me to see the information on step 7 here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

So I think it is either a compatibility issue with wordpress for the wp-simpleviewer and kimili plugins, or some server side issue other than the PHP version or DOM extension being enabled.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I am hesitating to use simpleviewer pro with wordpress if I have to depend on the kimili plugin, which is not functioning properly and may not be updated regularly.  If this issue isn't addressed this week, I will have to find another solution for showing flash photo galleries on my website.

--------------------------------------------------SOLUTION FOUND!

Felix determined that wp-simpleviewer is not compatible with the WP MINIFY plugin.  So I just uninstalled the wp minify and wp-simpleviewer worked with no issues.

Thank you Felix for the patience and help.

Last edited by blackpawphoto (2011-04-14 03:45:49)