Topic: Unable to install - help!

System Specs:
Mac OS X v10.6.5
AIR v2.5.1
Latest SVbuilderpro/svpro

When I initially try to install svBuilder-Pro.air, it opens air, processes very quickly and says install completed, but then OSX requests my admin password. When I enter the admin password, AIR then displays a message saying "Sorry, an error has occurred. This application cannot be installed because this installer has been misconfigured. Please contact the application author for assistance."

However, sv-BuilderPro shows up in my application folder, but when I click on the icon it tries to install from AIR again and freezes during the install process.

What's going on here? It seems like it originally tries to install itself before I have a chance to enter in my administrator password causing the whole thing to fail. Help?

**update, found out that the air installation may have been compromised - same essential problem when installing air - install says finished, then says install failed after clicking finish button saying that installation may not be allowed by my administrator.

**called apple care, they had me repair disk permissions, same install problem occurs

Last edited by photoswithastory (2010-11-16 22:12:13)

Re: Unable to install - help!

Perhaps the last post here will help:
Also, for reference, here is Adobe's 'Troubleshoot Air installation' page:

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Unable to install - help!

Thank you so much for those links. This is what did the trick:

-Uninstall ALL air applications.

-Uninstall AIR, using the Uninstaller App ( located in /Applications/Utilities )

-Delete the following directory:

sudo rm -rf /Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/