Topic: Question about background picture

Hi all,

I am wondering why the following occurs:
-in svBuilder I install an URL for the background, the program attracts it and shows it. So far all as planned.
-it seems to be impossible to use a URL like "images\test.jpg"
-if I save the gallery and go into the gallery.xml file and change the backgroundURL manually to "images/test.jpg" and make sure that test.jpg is actually in the images folder, the background is showing up.

Why isn't it possible or better foreseen, to have a relative link to the picture already in svBuilder?

Hope I explained correctly.

PS, using 2.1.1

best regards,
Ruud Westerhout

Re: Question about background picture

-it seems to be impossible to use a URL like "images\test.jpg" ...change the backgroundURL manually to "images/test.jpg" and make sure that test.jpg is actually in the images folder, the background is showing up.

A backslash, \, is not proper path delimiter in a URL and not supported by most browsers, you need to use a forwardslash, /, instead.

Right: "images/test.jpg"
Wrong: "images\test.jpg

Why isn't it possible or better foreseen, to have a relative link to the picture already in svBuilder?

You can use a relative link to an image and I'm guessing by saying a "picture already in svBuilder" you mean one of your gallery images. If I add images, including testimage01.jpg to svBuilder and then go the customize>background image I can set testimage01.jpg as the background by adding a Background URL of images/testimage01.jpg.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Question about background picture

Feeling damned stupid here.

Yes, I seem to have mixed these two slashes up.
In the file I send to my website (editted by hand) I did use the correct slash.
In the local testing version I used the wrong one, so I did not see the background.

Changed it in svBuilder, all OK everywhere now.

Thanks a lot from quick and perfect response.

Ruud