Topic: Problems with iframe embed and menu's above content cutts off submenu.

I'm completely new to web design, and I'm designing a site for my wife's new business as a way to learn. I'm using Photoshop and Dreamweaver as a 'way in' as its easy to get to grips with.
I came across SimpleViewer and chose to use it for her picture galleries. I have Allwebmenus to create my menu bar. As you can see here -
www.mad-about-cake.co.uk/weddinggallerypage.html

in FF it displays fine, but in IE and Chrome, the submenu bar is cutt off by the gallery. I have embedded the code with an iframe as I have multiple galleries, so I take it I can't use the 'add param transparent' solution? If I can use that solution, where can the code be found to amend it? If I can't use that solution, is there any way to fix this?

I appologize if I sound like an amateur, well I am! I know that there are many things wrong with the site, and I've a hell of a lot to learn still! I'm trying to learn as I go.

Any help is most welcome!!

Re: Problems with iframe embed and menu's above content cutts off submenu.

Update the newest version of SimpleViewer, version 2.1.1, set the background to transparent and add allowtransparency="true" to your iframe. Make sure to clear your browser's cache after making the changes.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Problems with iframe embed and menu's above content cutts off submenu.

Thanks very much! Worked great. It gave me a nasty green background to begin with, but I re-did the gallery, saved and refreshed and its now fine. Got a problem with the menu jumping downwards now that I've included the doc type in the pages. Jesus, if it not one thing, its another and I've only just started! I have much respect for you guys, I don't know how you do it.

Many, many more miles to go with this......