Topic: Adding a link to a Gallery Title

I currently have simpleViewer on my website ( and have a different gallery for each type of photography I do. I am adding photos to my portfolio and since I am using the free version that only holds 50 photos per gallery, I would like to create a second gallery page for some of my portfolios and then link to it from within another gallery. 

I looked on the FAQ and it sounds like I should be able to add links to the titles in each gallery. I saw the page where you have to use the XML sequences, and I did that, but it didn't work.  It did show my text, and it even made them a link, but the links didn't go anywhere or do anything.  Nothing loaded at all.

The first time I tried it, I tried using 2 links for "page 1" and "Page 2" with a few spaces in between to separate them.  I thought maybe the two links were somehow clashing with each other or canceling each other out, so I took one off and just used a link from page 1 to page 2 and vice versa.

Also, even though I created two separate galleries (for example I made a gallery for "children1" and "children2" and changed all of the XML and HTML files to reflect the links, just as I did with my other galleries on the site, both galleries were showing the same photos. I double, triple and quadruple checked and didn't see where I had a link wrong, so I'm not sure what was happening there.

If anyone has an idea how I can incorporate links to different galleries from within a gallery, even if its  not in the title, that would be great.  I did see a site that showed you how to create links to the left of your thumbnails, but it said you needed to have flash, needed php on your site and some other things.  If I knew how to work in Flash, I'd have a flash site wink 

Re: Adding a link to a Gallery Title

You can add a hyperlink to a 'title' but you will have to escape certain characters. See here: … l#custom_2

A link such as <a href="" target="_self">SimpleViewer</a> as a 'title' would become:

title="&lt;a href=&quot;; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;SimpleViewer&lt;/a&gt;"

Also, due to Flash security restrictions, this will not work locally and will work only when uploaded to a server.

Alternatively, you might like to take a look at (and modify to suit your purposes) the templates here: … #resizable which have links to 2 galleries.

In either case, it might be easier to keep each gallery as a completely separate entity (each in a separate folder) and link to the index HTML page in each gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Adding a link to a Gallery Title

ok, that's how I had my links set up, and I didn't even think about them not working locally, until this morning just before I turned the computer on, I thought I I will definitely upload and see what happens.

I do have the gallery pages 1 and 2 set up as completely separate folders, just like I did for the rest of my galleries and was linking to each of their html pages, so hopefully it was just the issue of not having them uploaded.

I also looked at the link, and may use that if I end up with any pages that need more than two galleries.

Thanks, I'm going to work on it now.