Topic: Kaspersky protected password storage

When i try to create a new gallery, my anti virus program kaspersky tells me that the application is trying to get acess to protected  password storage. What does this mean?

Re: Kaspersky protected password storage

Is 'the application' you refer to sv-Builder-Pro?
I am not a Kaspersky user but it sounds like a false positive to me

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi

It's sv-builder.exe not the pro but the free version.

Does this happen only with svBuilder? Have you tried svBuilder-Pro?
Does it happen every time with svBuilder and at what point does the message appear?
The more information we have the better.

What Kaspersky products do you have installed?
Do you have both Internet Security and Anti-Virus installed?  If so, try one or the other but not both.
Also, make sure that the Kaspersky product you use is up-to-date.

Perhaps the Kaspersky forum can help further.

I wonder if this is happening when svBuilder opens your default browser to display the newly created gallery.
Can you try changing your default browser (eg from IE to Firefox) and see if the message still pops up?

Steven Speirs

Okay,

Here is what i did. I intalled sv_builder on my pc. I was following the manual on how to set up up  a gallery. The first window that opens  gives you an option to either open an existing gallery (which i don't have) or setting up a new gallery.

When i click on the option to set up a new gallery, kaspersky gives me the warning. I just wanted to know if it is harmful to my PC such as accessing passwords or should i just ignore it? Do you know if others have had similar issues?

Please help and thanks for your response.

I just wanted to know if it is harmful to my PC such as accessing passwords or should i just ignore it?

It would be nice to know what is causing this but, rest assured, svBuilder is safe to use.

Do you know if others have had similar issues?

Searching the forums for 'Kaspersky' returns only this thread so it looks like you're the only one who has reported it.

Steven Speirs

Hi Stephen,

I decided to ahead and create a new gallery using svbuilder. I really love it! I use Joomla 1.5 cms. How can upload this gallery onto my website. Is there a simple step by step guide to doing this using joomla ?. I have tried to copy and paste the code onto an article but cannot see the gallery. Please note that Joomla uses media manager to upload images/pictures.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Peter.

Embedding in a Joomla Site:
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … tml#joomla

Steven Speirs