Topic: Background image not showing on homepage gallery with IE

Hi I would like some advice with this particular problem
I’m using the latest version of SV Builder 2.11
I want to have a gallery on my home page with a background image showing, I’m using Dreamweaver and a three row layout, header middle, footer and the middle container is where the gallery is to be placed. Just under a spy menu. I’m using the I fame to point to where the gallery folder is.

<iframe src="mygalleryfolder/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

When I preview in Firefox and Chrome I can see the gallery and the page background image around the gallery, (as the gallery is set to transparent) . The spry menu drop down is fine as well. However when previewing in IE everything is the same apart from the background image is not showing around the photos  it’s just white and the same size as the container that the gallery is in. I have checked the  CSS and I don’t have a colour selected only the background image
The spy menu I have points to two other galleries and these work fine in all the browsers and have the background image showing around the photos.
The site is in development on my laptop. Any ideas where I should be looking, is it something to do with the I frame? As my other galleries which use the recommended embedding are fine
Thanks

Tony

Re: Background image not showing on homepage gallery with IE

Add the attribute allowtransparency="true" to your <iframe> tag:

<iframe src="mygalleryfolder/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Background image not showing on homepage gallery with IE

Thank you very much for a very quick reply I added the extra code and it now works :

Thanks again

Tony