Topic: Vertical & Horizontal Images

When I drag or "browse..." an image that is vertical, why does SV Pro change it to horizontal? 

I've searched this forum and cannot find an answer. 

I'm so happy about this product in terms of everything else - I hope that this can be fixed / addressed.

Please advise!  Thanks!

Ernie

Re: Vertical & Horizontal Images

When you say the image is vertical, how are you viewing it? Possibly the image is being automatically rotated in the application you are using. How does the image show when you use thumbnail view in Windows Explorer or Mac Finder? The solution is to rotate the image using PhotoShop or similar before importing it to SvBuilder.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have a folder of 50 images.  Some are horizontal and some are vertical.  When I DRAG INTO or BROWSE FOLDER of these images, your Simple Viewer application turns ALL IMAGES into horizontal. 

WHy?

What device/program are you using to create your images?
I ask because certain websites suggest that some devices (such as the iPhone), may support and use only 4 of the 8 possible EXIF orientation tags and this can lead to such behavior.
In this case you may have to, as Felix has suggested, rotate and resave your images in a program such as Photoshop before feeding them to svBuilder.

Steven Speirs

Hi, I am having the same problem too. My images are taken by a Nikon camera, some of them are taken horizontally but some are taken vertically. Is that I must crop all my pictures into a fixed ratio to do my album gallery???

You can use the imageScaleMode="SCALE" to ensure that both landscape and portrait images are displayed without cropping.
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … #mainimage

If any images are oriented incorrectly, svBuilder-Pro now has the ability to rotate images.
See 4. Image List in the Interface Guide: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … derpro/#ui

Steven Speirs

Thank you  Steven big_smile