Topic: pro ; thumbnails not generated with big jpeg

hallo,
just purchased simpleviewer pro and svmanager.
everything is working locally and on my ovh server.

q1. i have not understood if i need to upload simpleviewer.swf... to svmanager folder or not. i have a pro button in svmanager which seems to be active

q2. for first try i have sent some d300 camera 4200x3200 and 3000x2000 px jpeg images in svmanager and i have red error messages saying it can't make the thumbnails because jpeg are too big. so in "images" tab these thumbnails are "cross" while for smaller jpeg they are ok. strange thing is that in the gallery  all thumbnails are created and it works fine
is there a jpeg size limit ?

best regards

Re: pro ; thumbnails not generated with big jpeg

q1 The pro screen will save the pro settings for you. But then the standard viewer will ignore the pro settings. There is some more information in the user manual about using svManager with a Pro viewer.

q2 The size limit for creating thumbnails is set by your server. It may be possible to increase it if you have control over your server's settings. More information under the heading Not enough memory to create thumbnails for large images in the advanced section of the user manual.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks for help
Can you confirm that I must overwrite :
...sv2master\svcore\swf\simpleviewer.swf 80158 26/11/2010
with :
simpleviewer_pro_211\web\svcore\swf\simpleviewer.swf 80160 15/11/2010 ?

there is also a simpleviewer_icc 79355 15/11

I have a pro account on ovh but i am going to check with support. my files are between 2 and 7MB, not so much !
do you understand why there are error messages in svmamanager while the gallery displays the slideshow and thumbnails ?

best regards
marc

Can you confirm that I must overwrite :
...sv2master\svcore\swf\simpleviewer.swf
with :
simpleviewer_pro_211\web\svcore\swf\simpleviewer.swf

Yes that's right. The simpleviewer_icc.swf file is a color-corrected version that requires Flash Player 10. Some (many?) of the people visiting your web site may be on Flash Player 9 so it's probably best to use the non color-corrected simpleviewer.swf. More information in the SimpleViewer support page.

my files are between 2 and 7MB, not so much !

Not so much as a compressed jpg but they need to be expanded to full size before php can manipulate them.

do you understand why there are error messages in svmamanager while the gallery displays the slideshow and thumbnails ?

If SimpleViewer can't find the thumbnail then it will create one from the main image.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks for all infos
just received answer from ovh : jpeg limit is 64Mo.
i don't think 7M is expanded over 64Mo but i will try to limit my jpeg size at upload

br
marc