Topic: 720x480 for normal screen and 1200x800 for full screen

hallo,
how can we choose the size of images for full screen mode ?
i think they have by default same size than in normal mode

I'd like to have 720x480 and 320x480 images in normal mode and in full screen I'd like height is always 600 so 900x600 for landscape and 400x600 for portrait

best regards

Re: 720x480 for normal screen and 1200x800 for full screen

It is not possible to select different sizes for images in normal vs fullscreen mode (or to select a different set of images for each).
If you ensure that your images are large enough to fill the fullscreen mode, then, by default, SimpleViewer will dynamically scale them down to fit the image area.
If your images are currently not big enough for your liking in fullscreen mode, then you have the choice of either recreating your images at a larger size or using Pro option imageScaleMode="SCALE_UP" to ensure that SimpleViewer will fill the image area with the image if it would otherwise be too small.
In either case, make sure that you set the options maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight correctly.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks but not sure i understand.
my goal is to upload 900x600 images for full screen purpose but it is too big in normal screen if there is a html title,...
so for normal mode 720x480 roughly is enough.
I am sure i have already visited sites where image becomes larger when we switch to normal mode.

Or,.... i jump on your remark, perhaps in fact i create a simpleviewer swf 1000x600 and 900x600 images are rescaled to fit with 3x4 thumbs on left so i don't have exactly 720x480 but doesn't matter but i have smaller images for normal screen and 900x600 sure for full screen

is it what you mean ?
best regards

marc

Being that you can feed SimpleViewer only one set of images, the Pro Option 'imageScaleMode' is the most appropriate setting you can alter to affect how the images fill the available area (whether in normal or fullscreen mode).
The values for this option can be:

* SCALE: Scale large images down to fit Image Area. Will not enlarge images above their actual resolution, ensuring maximum image quality.
* SCALE_UP: Scale images up and down to fit Image Area.
* FILL: Scale images up and down to completely fill Image Area. Large images are cropped to fit image area.
* STRETCH: Stretch image to exactly fit image area, losing image's aspect ratio.
* NONE: No scaling. Large images are cropped to fit image area.

You cannot have different settings for normal and fullscreen modes so your best bet is to try different settings until you find a happy medium.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.