Topic: Thumbnail Transparency

Hi,
I've been searching through the forms and can't seem to find if this is possible. I'd like to have my thumbnails at about a 50% transparency until either rolled over by the mouse or selected. Can anyone point me to the right form on how to do this or is this even possible with the newest version of simpleviewer? Thanks so much.

Re: Thumbnail Transparency

This is not possible with the current version of SimpleViewer.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

In earlier versions of Simpleviewer-pro I had access to the .as files and it was possible to customize the .as files to change the transparency of the thumbnails.

In options.as you could set the thumbnail alpha when loading

static var thumbnailLoadingAlpha:Number = 60; //alpha of thumbnail while image loads (percent)

Then in thumb.as I made my own drawframe function to make the rectangle around the triangle to become a rectangle that filled the whole thumbnail. If it was active (mouse hovering over it) it would clear the frame.

private function drawFrame(){
        mFrame_mc.clear();
        if (mSelected){
            mFrame_mc.clear();
        }else{
    RectUtil.drawTriangle(mFrame_mc,Options.thumbnailWidth,Options.thumbnailHeight);
        }
        }

See http://www.margrethe-myhrer.no/ for working example.
Now that simpleviewer isn't issued with all the source files I'm not sure how to customize it anymore. How can I still keep my thumbnails at a lower transparency with the new simpleviewer version?

Currently there is not a method for setting the thumbnail transparency.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.