Topic: Drop menu hidden behind SV gallery

Issue is my drop menu is behind the gallery.  Any ideas?

This page has no iframe:
http://www.fire-pixel.com/temp/fvsb/gallery.php
      <div style="height:650px;">
       <!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
       <script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
       <script type="text/javascript">
       $(document).ready(function () {
           SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '400', 'FFFFFF',true);
       });
       </script>
       <div id="sv-container"></div>
       <!--END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
      </div>

This page uses an iframe:
http://www.fire-pixel.com/temp/fvsb/lan … _stone.php
      <iframe src="http://www.fire-pixel.com/temp/fvsb/manage/g6/" width="860px" height="460px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

It works in some versions of FireFox, but never in IE.  Anyone know how I can do this?  I didn't see an OBJECT or an EMBED tag in the gallery index files.

Add the following parameter to the OBJECT tag:
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

Add the following parameter to the EMBED tag:
wmode="transparent"

Last edited by gbumoon (2010-12-01 19:34:39)

Re: Drop menu hidden behind SV gallery

I found this..

How do I display SimpleViewer under other elements on my HTML page, for example a drop-down menu?
To have SimpleViewer appear under other elements on your page, check the backgroundTransparent embed option in svBuilder or set the bgColor parameter in the embed code to "transparent".

But I'm not finding the backgroundTransparent embed option anywhere in svManager.  What is the svBuilder?  I think I'm lost.  sad

Last edited by gbumoon (2010-12-01 20:03:50)

Upgrade to the latest version of SimpleViewer, 2.1.1, set the transparency and add allowtransparency="true" to your iframe tag.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

will do, thanks Mike! big_smile

I created my galleries online using svManager so I updated svManager and re-created the gallery, works like a charm!  Thanks Mike! big_smile

FYI.. here's what I did..

I included this in my stylesheet, my gallery loads in an iframe and my menu is in the sf-menu div:
iframe {
    position:relative;
    z-index:1;
}
.sf-menu ul {
    position: absolute;
    top: -999em;
    width: 10em; /* left offset of submenus need to match (see below) */
    z-index: 999999;
}

My embed code looks like this:
<iframe src="http://www.fire-pixel.com/temp/fvsb/manage/g7/" width="860px" height="460px" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

and in my svManager I have Backgnd transparent checked on the Customize tab.

wullah!! big_smile

Last edited by gbumoon (2010-12-02 04:57:04)

Mike Richards wrote:

Upgrade to the latest version of SimpleViewer, 2.1.1, set the transparency and add allowtransparency="true" to your iframe tag.

I check the source code for my wordpress page generated with simpleviewer plugin.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "http://www.delete.com/wp-content/uploads/1.xml";
var params = {};
params.bgcolor = "ffffff";
params.allowfullscreen = true;
params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
swfobject.embedSWF("http://www.delete.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/web/simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent1", "100%", "650", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

I cannot see this command

params.wmode = "transparent";

How to add this command from simpleViewer plugin?

I am a naive in programming and have never used sbuilder to create and update my wordpress site.

Thx

Last edited by nkkhoo (2010-12-04 23:49:19)

To have the line params.wmode="transparent"; entered automatically in all galleries created by WP-Simpleviewer, edit the file 'wp-simpleviewer.php' (in the folder 'wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer') with a plain text editor and add the following line alongside the other Flash params (around line 706).

params.wmode="transparent";
Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

To have the line params.wmode="transparent"; entered automatically in all galleries created by WP-Simpleviewer, edit the file 'wp-simpleviewer.php' (in the folder 'wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer') with a plain text editor and add the following line alongside the other Flash params (around line 706).

params.wmode="transparent";

Another question, where to append this command "allowtransparency="true""?

Thx

allowtransparency="true" is an attribute for an <iframe> tag in order for an iframe to have a transparent background in Internet Explorer.  As the WP-SimpleViewer plugin embeds the gallery directly into the page and does not use the <iframe> method, you do not need to use 'allowtransparency'.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

allowtransparency="true" is an attribute for an <iframe> tag in order for an iframe to have a transparent background in Internet Explorer.  As the WP-SimpleViewer plugin embeds the gallery directly into the page and does not use the <iframe> method, you do not need to use 'allowtransparency'.

I tried above approach given by you, the problem solved.

Firefox does not has menu hidden issue with flash even without this command, <params.wmode="transparent";>

Thx

Help needed.

I just found out after adding this code, my simpleviewer plug-in stops working.

The script cannot input image files as usual and its XML file only with header, no images are called.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<simpleviewergallery maxImageWidth="800" maxImageHeight="600" textColor="0xffffff" frameColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="0" thumbColumns="5" thumbRows="1" thumbPosition="BOTTOM" title="" showOpenButton="true" showFullscreenButton="true" languageCode="AUTO" languageList="" galleryStyle="MODERN" useFlickr="false" flickrUserName="" flickrTags=""/>

Is that possible the server can be re-configured to disable this simpleviewer plug-in?

I found two domains are facing same problem today.

Please post the URLs and we will take a look.

Mike Richards

Mike Richards wrote:

Please post the URLs and we will take a look.

I already reinstall a fresh copy without any modification, no problem to call out images.

Will try mod version in another test domain, will advise you if I face the same problem.

I was banging my head against a brick wall trying to solve this problem, and managed to solve it by:

1) making sure background transparency was checked in SV builder
2) setting the iframe z-index:1
3) putting the div to be overlayed into another div container with a z-index:99999;
4) then added a container div AROUND the iframe and gave it a style="background:#222222;" attribute, thereby giving me a coloured background div underneath my transparent slideshow, and a html div overlayed on top...

what a beaut.