Topic: Add images - Java Plugin not found

When I try to Add images to a Gallery I get an error saying that the Java Plugin is not found.

My Java Version is 1.6.0_22. have I installed svmanager incorrectly and maybe not unzipped all the files?

Regards
Rob

Re: Add images - Java Plugin not found

Could you try signing-on to svManager from a completely different computer and see if you get the same problem? Or email me your svManager url, user and pass via the forum and I'll check if I'm seeing the same thing. That would help us work out if the problem is on your server or your local computer.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm getting the same error message. I completely removed all old Java and installed the new version, I have Java set to recognize Mozilla which I read to do in another thread, but nothing works, please help.

It has been working fine, but I've been getting a "warning" Java type message for a while asking if I want to block svmanager. Firefox still works fine with the warning message.

Is this a message about expiry of the Thawte certificate?

It's just a warning that the certificate is out of date. The message doesn't show in all browsers. It doesn't affect the way svManager works.

The certificates expire after a year so if you don't want to see the message you'll need to upgrade to the latest version of svManager with the latest certificate.

jack

Jack Hardie

I'm also  getting that error message. (Java Version is 1.6.0_22). My favorite browser is CHROME.
I've tried the same with OPERA and it works well (???).

I think there are at least two different messages referred to in this thread. Can you post the text of the message please.

jack

Jack Hardie

When I try to add new images to my galleries I get the message:
"This browser does not have a Java Plug-in.
Get the latest Java Plug-in here.
Image resize is off: turn on for this session"

As I said I've got Java Version 1.6.0_22.

Die Java-Version wurde überprüft
Herzlichen Glückwunsch!
Sie haben die empfohlene Java-Version installiert (Version 6 Update 22).

Some other java-apps work well.

That is the same error message I get.

Chrome is what I prefer to use. I got the prompt to block or not block for a while. Now I get no prompt and no upload window. Just  This:

This browser does not have a Java Plug-in.
Get the latest Java Plug-in here.
Image resize is off: turn on

I am also running 1.6.0_22

Firefox still gives the prompt, but it will work after that.

Could you please go to these test pages with your Chrome browsers and report what you see:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
http://www.javatester.org/version.html

jack

Jack Hardie

It passes both tests. I had already run the one on the Java site, but not the pink rectangle one.

Yes, it passes both tests.

Could you try one more thing please.

Download the latest version of the svManager server compatibility test, install it on your web site and see how it's looking in Chrome.

And can you please tell me what operating system version you are running on your local computer.

jack

Jack Hardie

It looks well. All tests passes. I'm running W7 Ultimate (32 Bit).

Looks like it may be a problem with an old version of the java applet.

I suggest you download the latest version of svManager (your original download link is good for 5 downloads).

It might be a good idea to do a temporary installation of svManager side-by-side with the old version in a test directory and see how it's working with Chrome on your server. Then if it goes ok you can upgrade the main installation and remove the test.

jack

Jack Hardie