Topic: Gallery Page is Blank...

I am using Wordpress 3.0.1, and my server file permissions are set so that I am able upload images to wp-content/uploads.

I downloaded wp-simpleviewer from www.simpleviewer.net today and installed and activated the plugin in Wordpress.

I open a post, click the eyeball to add a gallery to the post, and the pop-up menu is displayed .

I give the gallery a name and select use the Wordpress library.

When I click add gallery, I see the following code

[simpleviewer gallery_id="3" bgcolor="000000" gallery_width ="100%" gallery_height ="600"].

Then I add Pictures using the Wordpress "Add an Image" option and save draft and publish it.

When I go to viewe post, the page is completely blank....i have no idea why it does not work. I tied adding multple posts but the same result.......I have also done another fresh installation of wordpress first and then the plugin....still the same result.

Do I need to add a theme or something to the wordpress page before I can use this or is that not a requirement? As an FYI, i am using PHP version 5.1.x

You can look at my gallery at http://samirsanghavi.info/gallery2/

Please help.

Update:  If I add a theme, the posts start showing up with the photos. But I want something like http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … n/....what should I do to get a webpage like that?

Last edited by WantAGallery (2010-12-03 21:53:06)

Re: Gallery Page is Blank...

The link you gave does not work so I cannot take a look at your gallery at the moment.

Do I need to add a theme or something to the wordpress page before I can use this or is that not a requirement?

No, the default TwentyTen theme is adequate.
It sounds like you are doing everything correct.
When you say completely blank (rather than a message such as 'Gallery XML Not Found') it sounds like the viewer itself is not being embedded correctly.

Can you please post a working URL so that I can take a look and hopefully help further?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.