Topic: Pro Transparency

SimpleViewer 2.0.5 Plugin - Check
SimpleViewer Pro 2.1.1 - Check
Plugin and Pro playing nice together - Check (well sort of)

I've got everything showing up the way I want it (data pulled from the .xml file and pasted into the pro options of the gallery), except for the background transparency.

backgroundTransparent="true"

When I place the code in the page,

[simpleviewer gallery_id="4" bgcolor="ffffff" gallery_width ="100%" gallery_height ="600"]

I get a white background (obviously).

Nothing I do will make it transparent however.  I tried defining bgcolor as "transparent" but all I got was an obnoxious green color.  If I define it as "none" or delete it, I end up with dark grey.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Re: Pro Transparency

WP-SimpleViewer has not yet been updated to use SimpleViewer v2.1.1 and replacing the swf file is not enough to enable this feature (new embedding code is required to set the appropriate Flash parameter when defining bgColor as 'transparent').

However, it is relatively easy to achieve by using 'params.wmode="transparent";' in the current embedding code of WP-SimpleViewer v2.0.5.
To have the line params.wmode="transparent"; entered automatically in all galleries created by WP-Simpleviewer, edit the file 'wp-simpleviewer.php' (in the folder 'wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer') with a plain text editor and add the following line alongside the other Flash params (around line 706).

params.wmode="transparent";
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Pro Transparency

That worked perfectly Steve!  Thanks!!  It also solved another problem I thought I was going to have.

(In case any body is also have a problem where the child menu's are "behind" the SV gallery - like a wrongly placed PSD layer - Steve's solution fixed that problem too).