Topic: My images in SV are HUGE in size when uploading in wordpress. ?

Hello there

When I upload images to a page and the set up a Simpleviewer gallery, my images gets larger then what they were when I
uploaded them. I looked on the FTP server and can see that the images are no more than around 50K, but when loading them in Simpleviewer they are several MB  sad
Hence taking a lifetime to load even the thumbnails -  I don't know where in the process it goes wrong

I'm not sure, what "pipeline" to most prefer?
I like the idea of just uploading images to a page as if it was a normal wp page, and then creating a simpleviewer gallery for the particular page.
But it doesn't seem to work since they get so huge, and  I have no clue why.

Would appreciate any direction.

Happy holidays everyone!

Cheers,

Re: My images in SV are HUGE in size when uploading in wordpress. ?

Are you using the SimpleViewer Wordpress plug-in?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hello Mike
Thanks for your reply, I'm a bit late here, but back again:o)

Well, I'm uploading through the page (standard WP upload) and then clicking the simple viewer icon above the text editor box and choosing the XML settings etc.

What is the the best way to upload to the site (through wp) and  can I can I easily re-use an the same gallery xml setting every time I create a new page with a gallery?
Now when I click the sw icon in the editor I can paste the XML in the pro field, but I still need to change the "width" in the code I get in the editor after I have selected a SW gallery

Happy New Year everyone!
Cheers

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm still wondering why my images get so huge when they get into Simpleviewer.
The way I did it was just to use the normal WP upload image and then set up a simpleviewer gallery.

Do some of you do it another way, or what's the preferred way?

If I do the galleries with the Simpleviewer desktop tool it says I have to install the gallery folder til my server.
How will that work with multiple galleries, I can't see where the varies galleries are on the server, but only one.

Would appreciate any direction, since I can't get any further

THx

B

In order to create a SimpleViewer gallery in a WordPress post, you can use the dedicated WP-SimpleViewer WordPress Plugin.

You could also use svBuilder-Pro to create a gallery, upoad the entire gallery folder somewhere and load the gallery's HTML index page into an <iframe> using this embedding method and a WordPress plugin such as PageView (which allows the use of an <iframe>).
In using this method, you could keep all your galleries in separate folders and you wouldn't need to worry about the location of individual files or path issues.

Steven Speirs

Hello Steven

Thanks for your reply.
But I think you misunderstood me.
I already have the Simpleviewer plugin installed and have set up galleries and everything and it is working fine.
BUT it works fine when I load images from flickr, but when I try to upload images myself which are only 150KB size they turn out to be 4MB or so in Simpleviewer.
So my question is - why do they get so large, and is there  a better way to upload images images than using the standard WP upload.
Right now i have pages having an individual gallery, so what I have done is to upload images to the page as I normally do in WP, and then create a simpleviewer gallery for that page.

Does this happen during the upload by WordPress before the SimpleViewer is plug-in is involved or after you create a gallery? Do you have an example URL that we can take a look at?

Mike Richards