Topic: DHTML menu not showing above SV gallery

Hi.
I purchased and implemented SV for a client's legacy site. The site uses frames and a DHTML menu system "CoolMenus"

I discovered that SV and CoolMenu's are not compatible and would be extremely glad if somebody in here could help me out - what to do ?

If you go to the page (http://www.magnild-gardiner.dk/dk/defau … legardiner) using Internet Explorer, the SV gallery shows up fine, but if you place the cursor over the menu item "Produkter" you'll get a JS error.
In reality you should see a dropdown menu - it works on Chrome and Safari on Mac - this only affects Windows IE/FF.

Please help me out here smile

Merry Christmas to all!

Re: DHTML menu not showing above SV gallery

You could try adding allowTransparency="true" as an attribute in the relevant <frame> tag.  This may help in IE but will probably not help with Firefox (as it is a proprietary Microsoft IE attribute).
Does the menu work in Firefox if you load a blank page (rather than the SimpleViewer gallery) into the frame?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven
I will try that right away - thanks.

Yes the dropdown menu works fine on other pages where "regular" content is shown in the mainframe.

Best regards,
Mark

Hi Steven

sad AllowTransparency didn't no much good (or any)

Well - I haven't been very good at describing the problem - let me explain better.

The menu is a old (2001) DHTML menu called CoolMenus. In IE I get a JS error and I think it has something to do with the JS swf loader. Or at least I can see that on another site, using same menu system (cms) the swf files doesn't break the menu.

Could you help me place the swf on the page without the swf js loader ?

Thanks for your help smile

There are several HTML errors on the page which should be fixed.  I doubt that fixing them will help the issue at hand but it can't hurt to eliminate them from the equation.

What happens if you load the sample 'web' gallery's 'index.html' page (from the SimpleViewer download package) into your frame, changing line 13 of the gallery's 'index.html' to the following (to allow transparency)?

SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', 'transparent', true);
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.