Topic: autoviewer demo - what restrictions / limitations

Hi - I am new here. Checked FAQ but couldn't find an answer to trouble I have been hitting with autoviewer demo.

I have downloaded  (demo) and extracted them, but when I try to change some of the example tall.jpg or wide.jpg images to my own ones the viewer (with FF or Opera) shows either an X on changed picture (edited gallery.xml) or looses completely the layout if multiple images are changed.

I am keeping the files on Solaris/unix and have checked the file permissions to be ok.

So my question to here for forum people - are there some fundamental restrictions with demo version ?

Re: autoviewer demo - what restrictions / limitations

The Standard version of AutoViewer has no restrictions that would cause the problems you are experiencing.
(AutoViewer Pro comes with modifiable source code to allow use of Pro options and removes the AutoViewer link badge at the bottom right-hand corner of the browser window.)
Check out FAQs #2, #3 and #4 to see if any of these help your situation:
Failing that, please post a URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: autoviewer demo - what restrictions / limitations

Thank you for the quick reply and comments about the differences. I am embarrassed to admit that I had the file naming wrong and presumably the browser caching was the reason for other issues.