Topic: Caption line spacing control + font size

Hi all,

is there a way of controlling the captions line spacing? Or the font size?

I get a double line spacing as standard which takes too much height. Reducing the font size could be a solution too. But how?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Caption line spacing control + font size

Use captionFontSize as described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … ml#caption
You can also use HTML formatting in your captions to achieve different font sizes for different chunks of text within the same caption.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

is it possible to change the GalleryTitle font size...& font type? ..in the free version?

It's the title just above the flash thumbnails

If so, can someone just post an example?

Thanks,
A

For SimpleViewer Pro, see the SimpleViewer Pro Title Options here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … html#title
Use titleFontName and titleFontSize.
As an example, the opening <simpleviewergallery> tag in your gallery's XML file would look like this:

<simpleviewergallery
  title="SimpleViewer Pro Gallery"
  titleFontName="Georgia"
  titleFontSize="48"
>

For SimpleViewer Standard (or SimpleViewer Pro), use HTML formatting as described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#custom_2
The above example using HTML formatting would look like this:

<simpleviewergallery
  title="&lt;font face=&quot;Georgia&quot; size=&quot;48&quot;&gt;SimpleViewer Pro Gallery&lt;/font&gt;"
>
Steven Speirs

HI Steven,

Great thanks! worked perfectly once i put it into my Gallery.xml file.

Now which file would i use so that i can edit the same GalleryTitle to have smaller font in the HTML gallery view?

Cheers, A

Last edited by wrazoru (2011-06-21 04:56:16)

Using the titleFontSize="48", for example, in SimpleViewer Pro will give you a large font size in the Flash Player and a smaller font size in the Mobile Player (as the Mobile Player will ignore this option and use its own default setting).
However, using HTML formatting, there is an inconsistency between the Flash Player and the Mobile Player which currently cannot be overcome.
The Flash Player uses the font size in the HTML formatting as an absolute pixel value but the Mobile Player uses the font size as an HTML font size on a scale from 1 to 7, so setting the font size to anything over 7 will display the title as large as possible in the Mobile Player.

Steven Speirs

so what about if the size was not set to a point size. Perhaps as em or other unit/percentage/etc...sorry...i'm not a full fledged html coder...but do know some basics...

What about setting the Gallery.xml size to provide for the HTML page. This would then of course be too small for the flash page...but is there any parameter in the flash components that can perhaps double the title size before displaying it in the flash gallery??

A

Wanted to add also...i've been using SimpleViewer for several years..& still by far one of the nicest galleries avaialbe!! ...& now with iphone/pad functionality...BONUS!!
Of special note & appreciation is your pre-loading of images so viewers have less waiting time!! You guys make some fantastic products!!

Last edited by wrazoru (2011-06-21 07:02:23)

The other issue that i gave up on figuring out is tht the HTML version has a lot of dead space surrounding the thumbnails on the 1st load. Is there anyway to change this whilst viewing it on the iphone?

Also, with all this dead space...can the title in the HTML version simply be moved up coz if the words overlay the thumbnails, it seems we can't touch the thumbnail to open the pic...

PS: i do have headers & footers above & below the body of the gallery in the flash gallery.

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited by wrazoru (2011-06-21 07:22:55)

It is not possible to set different title font sizes for the Flash and Mobile players.
Nor is it possible to manipulate the set font size on-the-fly before the text is displayed in either player.

The 'dead space' you observe is possibly space that would be used to display more thumbnails if your gallery had more images.
The Mobile Player has few customization options available: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … tml#mobile
It is not possible to move the title.

Steven Speirs