Topic: Button Bar Back Color and SV Slideshow in Different Browsers

My site is uploaded here:

http://www.sharonland.com/

http://www.sharonland.com/galleries/gal … lery1.html

My problem is with the galleries background color and also the way it, and the swf, shows up (or doesn't show up) in certain browsers.

Here's what's happening:
Chrome: Slideshow doesn't show up at all.

Firefox: Slideshow shows up but there's a large thick grey border. I got rid of the sides by making the swf less wide, but I have tried and tried in the xml and html to get rid of the grey at the bottom behind the navigation arrows. It is not any padding, so I'm pretty sure it's a option in the xml. I've tried many types of syntax searching online and in SVBuilder it seems to be called "Embed Color" which I guess I could republish all of my galleries, but I'd like to just change the xml. According to the simpleviewer
configurations options it should be:

buttonBarBackColor    #000000    Color of button bar background.

and I've tried buttonBarBackColo="000000"

but nothing works.

Safari: Shows up perfect, no padding border color problems. Actually, no problems with the site at all.

Below I've pasted my xml. I'm using SVBuilder to create the slideshows then putting the files into dreamweaver. Any ideas why there is such inconsistancy when viewing in different browsers? and what the correct syntax might be in the xml for the background of the nav bar?
Any suggestions are appreciated :]

<simpleviewerGallery title="OT"
    stagePadding="0"
    thumbnailColumns="1"
    thumbnailRows="0"
    backgroundImagePath=""
    imagePath=""
    thumbPath=""
    enableRightClickOpen="false"
    navPosition="bottom"
    navPadding="0"
    frameWidth="0"
    frameColor="000000"
    textColor="0x000000"
    maxImageWidth="900"
    maxImageHeight="900"
    embedWidth="800"
    embedHeight="800"
    imageScaleMode="SCALE"
    imageTransitionType="SLIDE"
    imageTransitionTime=".5"
    imageDropShadow="false"
    flashBrightness="0"
    imageBackOpacity="100"
    imageFrameStyle="SQUARE"
    imageNavColor="000000"
    thumbPosition="NONE"
    showFullscreenButton="false"
    showOpenButton="false"
    showToolTips="false"
    buttonBarPosition="BOTTOM"
    buttonBarHAlign="CENTER"
    buttonBarVAlign="CENTER"
    floatButtonBar="false"
    buttonBarBackColor="000000"
    showNavButtons="true"
    showBackButton="false"
    buttonBarPadding="1"
    buttonBarColor="999999"
    embedColor="000000"
    stageHPadding="0"
    stageBorder="0"
    imageNavPadding="3"
    backgroundScale="FILL"

Re: Button Bar Back Color and SV Slideshow in Different Browsers

Try buttonBarBackOpacity="0" and remember to clear your browser's cache after making changes.

http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … #buttonbar

To fix Chrome try fixing your HTML errors.

The border in firefox around the image is just the background color of the swf, try using the SimpleViewer embed code and setting the color (222222) to transparent.

http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … html#embed

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mike,
Thanks, that was super helpful. buttonBarBackOpacity seems to only control the small area around the arrows at the bottom of the slideshow. Embedding the swf code from SimpleViewer worked though and the area of gray (which as you pointed out is just the background color of the swf) is gone thankfully!

As for the Chrome HTML errors, it's confusing to me as a designer (I'm obviously not very good at coding) but I understand I need to fix those for the site to show up in Chrome properly. Thanks for clueing me into the HTML validator site. The only thing that's puzzling me is the "alt" not specified issue, but that's for another forum I think.

Thanks very much for your help.

Sharon

The only thing that's puzzling me is the "alt" not specified issue, but that's for another forum I think.

The alts tags are not necessary for the page to work in the browser, but they are good for accessibility and SEO.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.