Topic: I'm so sorry....I am so not computer savvy!!!

I must apologise in advance, but I can't make it work  sad

So I have downloaded v2 simple viewer. 
I have successfully made a beautiful album..... I love the format, the style - it is perfect!

Only problem is that I am having a nightmare putting it on my webpage.

Of course I first tried the embed link....didn't work of course as files are on my desktop.

Followed all trouble shooting and copied the folder onto my public_html path.....  still didn't work.
THought perhaps wasn't linking up to the svcore path, so pulled the svcore folder out of the folder with everything else simple viewer related and put it directly on the public_html path......  but this didn't work.
So then thought perhaps everything needed to be directly on the public_html path, so pulled everything out of the main folder and this didn't work. 

So am at a bit of a loss as to what I am doing wrong?  Do you have any suggestions or advice?

I really want to use this gallery on my page but this old girl can't figure it out!!!!

Re: I'm so sorry....I am so not computer savvy!!!

The svcore, images and thumbs folders, and gallery.xml should be in the same folder as your HTML file that has your gallery in it. If you look at the SimpleViewer download in the web folder you can see an example of the default file structure.

+images (folder)
    +svcore (folder)
    +thumbs (folder)

If you need to embed the gallery with the files in other locations check out the options in the embed guide page. … l#external … tml#svcore

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks so much for your reply.... I still can't get it to work......  eeek!!!

I have used filezilla to sucessfully load all the files onto my public_html path, but still nothing....... 

I am at a complete loss as to what to do....   Any help or other suggestions please?  I have tried all the options on the FAQ, but conisdering I have loaded each file straight onto my public_html path I can't see why there would be any pathing issues?? 

H E L P !!!!   I love my SV gallery, and so want to get it up and running!!!

THanks heaps,

Please post the URL of your gallery so we can take a look.

Mike Richards

Thanks Mike.

I am

There are currently photo albums under the photos/the outdoors, macro and other images selection.  I am wanting to pull these albums and replace with simple viewer, but can't make it work!

I did contact my web host and they replied that they suspected the code required needed to be an 'iframe'?

I have tried all ways I can figure out....  firstly with all the files directly and individually on the public_html file, secondly with them in a separate folder with the iframe path given in your help guide placed within the script and updated to with the new path, but nothing seems to work. 

Appreciate very much your help!

Just for an example, I will run you through what I am doing and perhaps you can see if I am making any big errors!!!

I have just tried loading up a 'People' Album to my 'people' page under photography header.

All files are within /public_html/PeopleAlbum

I have entered below script with iframe (but of course am no script expert so could be wrong here!) and doesn't work!

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.--><script type="text/javascript" src="PeopleAlbum/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">
<iframe src="PeopleAlbum/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "000000", true );
<div id="sv-container"></div><!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

I have uploaded all files from a 'Macro' Album I have created and loaded the files individually (eg, thumbs, images etc) onto the public_html path using filezilla.
Checked public_html file, all are where supposed to be, Images have integrated into the existing images folder.

Enter 'macro' page, and enter script embed code.   (entered below exisiting photo gallery on page)

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true );
<div id="sv-container"></div>

Nothing publishes again. 

I must be going wrong somewhere??  It may be totally obvious what I am doing wrong....hopefully?!!!!

Thanks again! 

When I go to your people or macro pages on your site and look at the page source I'm not seeing the embed code in the page code.

Mike Richards

Hi Mike,

No I had pulled em out.... will put the people link back in now smile

WOW, i just tried something dfferent and it worked and photos are now up in the people gallery!!! WOOP WOOP!!!

I put iframe sript on first then below it the embed code, (rather than putting the iframe code inside the embed code which i had been doing) - and put the folder name in the url on the iframe, and added the folder name in front of the '/svcore' in the embed code and it worked!!!

Will try with a second album and see how I get on!!!