Topic: flash gallery views ok, but not showing on ipod or android

Hi, I've been trying the new version 2.1.1 to view image galleries on an ipod, but having a slight problem. If I keep things simple everything works fine, but i would like to keep my galleries images and the .xml in a separate directory location with the remaining simpleviewer files (including the html/php index page) in a directory level above.

All looked fine as there is the option to use the flash variable 'flashvars.baseURL'  where I can set the 'gallery' location. This works fine on the PC as a flash gallery, but does not work for the non flash enabled devices (which note .xml not found).

Is there an equivalent param I can use for these non flash devices or am I doing something wrong?

You can see my situation here on this test link I was trying:

http://www.naturalworldphotography.co.uk/1/gallery.php

Grateful for the help with a great product

Re: flash gallery views ok, but not showing on ipod or android

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

var flashvars = {};
  flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
  flashvars.baseURL = "test/";

jQuery(document).ready(function () {
        SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', true, flashvars);
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!--END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

This is your embed code.

Currently the non-flash version of SimpleViewer only supports galleryURL and not baseURL. You have set  flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml"; this means your XML should be found at http://www.naturalworldphotography.co.uk/1/gallery.xml but that gives a 404 not found error and your XML is at http://www.naturalworldphotography.co.u … allery.xml

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

yes thanks Mike for the reply, I think I had come to that conclusion from what I was seeing, that's why I was hoping for an equivalent parameter that would work for non flash enabled devices (especially given the support for using the URL redirection). From what you're saying if you use URL redirection, then the support for the Ipod can't work.

Do you know if this will be available/fixed in the future as it hurts a bit as this is a good feature. You mention its not in the standard version, so is it available in the pro version? I'm using the PHP script to build the gallery/xml etc. and want to manage the gallery I point at in the HTML via a variable passed by my own PHP script.

The non-flash version is in active development, however I don't have a time frame for when this feature will be added. For now the suggested method for adding galleries stored in external folders to a page is to use the iframe embed method.

Mike Richards

appreciate your response Mike, I'll keep a look out with future releases.....I'm not an iframe fan, so will look to code around it or go a different route.

As a matter of interest I noticed the php build script has changed a bit from the version I was previously using, if you go for the pro version do get an enhanced php script as well ?

The build gallery script does not change between the Standard the the Pro version of SimpleViewer.

Mike Richards