Topic: Chrome - java upload issues.

I am having issues with Chrome browser uploading images to the galleries via svManager. I see this error:

This browser does not have a Java Plug-in.
Get the latest Java Plug-in here.
Image resize is off: turn on for this session

I am running the latest java with svManager version 1.7.4, build 101117.
I am using primarily Chrome. Firefox and IE work fine. I am also passing all java tests on java.com site. My system runs Win7 Pro 64bit.

what could be wrong ?

Re: Chrome - java upload issues.

It seems that the latest version of Chrome has problems with the <object> tag that svManager is using to embed the java upload applet.

I've created a special version of the svmtest program that uses a different method to embed the applet. This seems to work better with Chrome. You can find the test on http://www.jhardie.com/temp/svmtest/upload.php

Would you please run the test on all your browsers and post back here with the results?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

this works perfectly. I was able to upload a pic without issues.

OK I need to do some more browser testing before I build this into svManager. If you are in a big hurry I could email you a patch for your existing installation.

jack

Jack Hardie

thank you Jack for a fast reply. No, no need to advance anything. This post was rather a "bug suggestion" than a "must have it now working" type of thing.  I will switch to FF for all our picture updates until Chrome is working again.

thank you for your work on that. I am sure all Chrome browser user will greatly appreciate this patch.

svManager version 1.7.5 with better support for Google Chrome is now available for download.

jack

Jack Hardie

works perfectly. thank you!