Topic: Receiving Error when adding gallery to Wordpress page

Hi,

I am receiving the below error message when trying to create a gallery on a wordpress page.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: domdocument in /home/lisamorp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 782

Using Wordpress 3.0.4
WP-SimpleViewer 2.0.5
Using Media Library for image source

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Dawn

Re: Receiving Error when adding gallery to Wordpress page

Can you please confirm what version of PHP your web server has installed?
WP-SimpleViewer WordPress Plugin requires v5.2.0 and that DOM extension is enabled.
Requirements for WP-SimpleViewer WordPress Plugin can be found here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … iewer/#req

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

I have confirmed both requirements with my server.  Both PHP and DOM are correct.

I am now receiving the following error when I set up the gallery on the page Mother, Mother.  This shows up on the wp-admin section.

I set up the gallery as normal and get the correct code, but when I click the button to publish I receive this message.

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/lisamorp/public_html/wp-content/uploads/.xml" in /home/lisamorp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 783

Fatal error: Call to a member function appendChild() on a non-object in /home/lisamorp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 818

I can send you the steps that I am using when this happens but would prefer to in a private correspondence as it will involve giving you the user name and password for wp-admin.

Thank you again for your assistance.
Dawn

Also, Steven, I have purchased both Simple Viewer Pro and the SV Manager and have used them without issue on other sites without isssue in the past.

This is my first experience working with Simple Viewer in a Wordpress site and I have been trying the basics before getting myself too confused.

Thx,
Dawn

We are currently investigating this issue.

Felix Turner

Thank you Felix for updating me.  I hope it can be resolved soon.

Dawn

Any additional updates or progress on this issue.  I have a client that is making my life challenging as I am not making progress with the gallery on her site.

Thanks,
Dawn

hi, we are not able to replicate this issue here.

1) You can try installing the WP-SimpleViewer plugin on a different web server
2) You can try using an iframe to embed SimpleViewer galeries into a blog post.

Felix Turner

Dawn,

I am having the same issue... Any luck figuring it out?

Thanks so much!!
Linda

I am also having the exact same problem!

Looking to buy the Pro version if this gets fixed?

Firo

Hi,

Any news?

Also the exact same problem.

I had this error -

Fatal error: Call to a member function appendChild() on a non-object in /home/.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 818

I "fixed it" by reinstalling the plugin and clearing the page cache, of course I'm on a test site and NOT a production site, I can afford to screw things up.

By the way, this error happened when I tried to edit the embedded short code in the post and clicked on publish.

Last edited by newToo (2011-03-03 12:52:42)

To others experiencing the same error as the original poster, you may be using an old version of the DOM extension and should update it to the latest version.

Steven Speirs