Topic: SV and Homestead -prev threads did not fix problem...

I'm a graphic designer who knows a little html/xml, etc.  I can usually figure out a problem but this one, I'm stumped!

After looking at several posts on the topic, I've tried all to no avail.  So below is a list of what I've done and the result:

I am using SV on Homestead Site Builder.
I embedded the code.
Uploaded all the files to my File Manager on Homestead (HS)
Pasted the provided html code in the html box from HS and previewed (prior to publishing) to see if it would work and received this message:
"An Error has occurred in the script on this page" 
Line 54
Char 1
Error Objected Expected
Code 0
URL  file:///C:/Program%20Files/Homestead/Homestead%20SiteBuilder/data/user/Sites/_1757475216/~Preview/test.html
(I even went so far as to publish this page to see if it was just IE (the preview is in IE and the error message is an IE message) but upon publication, nothing showed up in regards to the gallery.

So, I tried another method.
iFrame method
Instructions said to post the following into the html portion of the page:
<iframe src="mygalleryfolder/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
This was done and the "mygalleryfolder/index.html was changed to:  hstrial-gettheleash/gallery.html   (the main folder)
I have tried changing the root folder and file names, thinking those might be the issues but this method brings up:
"This page cannot be displayed" but it looks like a page within a page - the main portion of the website is still there.

Then, I tried the .SWF method, where a prev poster said to insert the html and then upload the media file (SV.swf) and that was the CLOSEST it came to working.

So, I searched the forums for that problem.
X's showing up instead of photos but all the issues seemed to be in the coding itself and there was no clear resolution.

THE ONLY FILE THAT I COULD NOT UPLOAD WERE THE "THUMBS" BECAUSE WHEN I ATTEMPTED TO DO SO, IT SAID THEY WERE DUPLICATE FILE NAMES.  I think this might be the issue but I have no idea how to resolve it!?!?!

I'd like to get this fixed so I can use the program.  It's a nice alternative to "flash"!

Michele
I've not published anything because it keeps giving me these errors upon previews, so if ya need to see the coding....  let me know.

Re: SV and Homestead -prev threads did not fix problem...

Another attempt bc I'm one of those people who hates giving up when I know it can be fixed!

I tried the iframe again and this time, no "x"s appeared but it says:  "Gallery xml not found"

????

AH!  Gallery.xml file wasn't in the folder.  DARN it - when I added it, the problem still did not fix it.  So, I tried moving all the images to the main folder and again with the X's instead of images. 

I'm exhausted and have spent WAYYYYY too much time thinking on this.  Just lemme know what to do and I'll get 'er done.

Thank ya much!

Michele

Please post the URL of your page that is having the issue so we can take a look.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.