Topic: Bilingual website, multiple simpleviewer copies?

Good afternoon,

I'm making a bilingual website with a simpleviewer pro gallery.

According the manual:

Copy the entire contents of your SimpleViewer gallery folder into the folder that contains your HTML page.

Is it possible to make a reference to a certain folder on the webserver where the simpleviewer gallery folder is located or is it necessary to upload each simpleviewer folder for each language? In that case every simpleviewer folder has to be uploaded twice on the server.

I'm using two separate Rapidweaver-project files, one for the Dutch version and one for the English version. Because the language of the sites is different (like navigation menu and name of site) I can not use them for both languages.

Thanks in advance.

Joost

Re: Bilingual website, multiple simpleviewer copies?

You can place the svcore folder in an external location, you can point to differt gallery.xml files using the galleryURL variable and the next version of SimpleViewer which should be released soon will support the use of baseURL with the mobile version of the gallery.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answer.

Each of my simpleviewer-maps exists of:

- .xml file (mentioned in your mail)
- images map
- .html file
- svcore map (mentioned in your mail)
- thumbs map

Is it correct that using the baseURL a reference on multiple pages can be put that refers to all the files and maps mentioned above?

Kind regards,

Joost

Yes, baseURL is used to point to the folder that contains all of the SimpleViewer assets.

Mike Richards

Hi Mike,

I’ve purchased and installed SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.0.

Is the new version with support of the use of baseURL free to download for me or do I have to buy the new version?

Do I get an email when the new version is released?

Kind regards,

Joost

Version 2.1.2 was just released, you can receive new about update by following on Twitter or subscribing to the RSS feed. The upgrade to this version will be free for you as it is still with in the same major release version. You can find info about upgrading here and SimpleViewer news here.

Mike Richards

Hi Mike,

probably I'm doing something wrong, but the baseURL is not working.

I'm working with an English version of my website (www.nmldesign.nl/en/)

Images, svcore, thumbs and gallery.xml are located in http://nmldesign.nl/Graphics/Portfolio/Verkoopstyling/.

I've entered the following code on a further empty page in Rapidweaver:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.nmldesign.nl/Graphics/Portfolio/Verkoopstyling/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "http://www.nmldesign.nl/Graphics/Portfo … opstyling/";
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true,  flashvars) );
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

As you can see on this page (http://www.nmldesign.nl/en/home_staging/code/) nothing happens.

Do you have any idea what is going wrong?

I'm using svBuilder-Pro v2.1.2

Thanks in advance.

Joost

you have a JS syntax error - an extra bracket at the end of the simpleviewer.load() call. Try running your page with firebug or similar to see JS errors

Felix Turner

You have an extra ')'.
Change:

SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true,  flashvars) );

... to:

SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true,  flashvars);
Steven Speirs

Thanks guys,

don't know how it got there...

Joost