Topic: Using 3 Galleries? - Please help?

Hi folks...

I downloaded the free version of Simpleviewer because it's one of the best, simple looking galleries out there that would allow me to add a PayPal button to my caption which works great!

However I was hoping to use 3 Galleries and thought this would work in an iframe but it causes a problem in PayPal and conflicts when the user clicks "Continue Shopping", it opens the iframe and not the normal site.

So I thought a new way of just having a basic HTML site with a php menu, this menu would be called into each HTML page so if I have changes to make to the menu I'll only have to change the menu php file. However I realised that if I use 3 Galleries they are all going to conflict with each other... so I tried putting them in separate folders but this then messes up the menu system.

So I though the only way would be to have the gallery files in 3 separate folders, and then on each HTML page use php to call the gallery into the specified HTML page. It does work but it seems to call the same gallery on each of the 3 pages!?

Can anyone here help me out? or maybe someone even take a look at the files for me?
Thanks
J

Re: Using 3 Galleries? - Please help?

The easiest way to embed multiple galleries is to place each gallery in it's own folder and link to them.

http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#multiple

You can rename the gallery.xml files and use the galleryURL variable to point to them so you do not have a conflict if the files are in the same folder. You could write some code so that your menu passes the new gallerys' XML name to the galleryURL variable.

flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Mike

Steven sent me an email with this too but I just can't get it to work...

Is there anyone would be willing to take a look and see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
J

If you post the URL of the page you are having an issue with we will take a look.

Mike Richards

http://tinyurl.com/6k96spz

Here you go thanks!

Let me know if you need any further info or give me your email and I can provide more details if you need to see the backend of the site?

As Mike says, use galleryURL to point to differently named XML files.
In your posters.php page, use:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars={};
    flashvars.galleryURL="posters.xml";
    jQuery(document).ready(function () {
        SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', 'transparent', true, flashvars);
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!--END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

... and in your postcards.php page, use:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars={};
    flashvars.galleryURL="postcards.xml";
    jQuery(document).ready(function () {
        SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', 'transparent', true, flashvars);
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!--END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Each XML file (posters.xml and postcards.xml) will point to a different set of images to be displayed.

(Replying by forum post rather than email as it may help others with a similar problem.)

Steven Speirs