Topic: Updating Image description again without creating new gallery again

Hello there,

I seems to have some problems with "updating" the image title, description etc and get that to update in my gallery.
It seems as if it's only possible to it the first time the image is loaded to the gallery, and if I want to change it later, it will not change.
How can I do that?Do i need to create a new gallery everytime I want to change some attributes?
The situation is that I have a bunch of galleries and text that I now want to change.

Would appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks,

Kind Regards
B

Re: Updating Image description again without creating new gallery again

Once you have made changes to the gallery's XML file, you may need to clear your browser's cache before you are able to see the changes made.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for reply Steven

I did clear the cache and even tried on a new computer.
I used the image editor in Wordpress where I can change thumbnail, add title, description etc.
It does work the first time I upload the image and add a title right away. If I have saved and try to do it again it doesn't refresh, it's as if It doesn't overwrite the XML.

Do I have to find the xml file manually on the FTP in order to change the text?
Would be hell of some work if I have added some 100+ pics from the media library to a gallery I created in Wordpress and later find out I want to add some text description.

Any clues or ideas would as usual be much appreciated

Thanks
B

I didn't realise you were using WordPress.
You can update an image's caption by going into the Media Library, editing the relevant image and changing the 'Caption' field.  Click 'Update Media' , then 'Edit' the corresponding post and select 'Update'.  The gallery's XML file will be updated with the new captions.
Alternatively, you can edit the XML file directly (which might be quicker if you have a lot of modifications to make).
The XML file is located at 'wp-content/uploads/gallery_id.xml' (where 'gallery_id' is the ID number of the gallery in question (which you can find in the [simpleviewer] tag whilst editing the corresponding post).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.