Topic: distorted thumbs in mobile devices

My thumbnails on a mobile device are showing up distorted. I do have SV Builder Pro set to make them square (70px x 70px) and that works fine when seen on a desktop computer with Flash. What can I do to prevent them from appearing distorted when viewed on mobile devices?

An example of the problem is here: http://www.djphoto.com/people/people.html

Thank you.

Re: distorted thumbs in mobile devices

The problem is that your thumbnail images are not square: http://www.djphoto.com/people/thumbs/11 … ouping.jpg

SimpleViewer Flash player will crop non-square images to display square but SimpleViewer Mobile stretches the image to be square.

svBuilder will crop the thumbnail images to be square - try running your gallery through svBuilder again.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Just double checking so I get this right this time-

SV Builder Pro I currently have set under image size:

• Resize Images- box is checked
• Max Image Size- 600x600
Thumbnail Size- 70x70

Do I also need to have "Crop To Fit" selected as well?

Thanks for your help!

HELP PLEASE!

I am having a difficult time getting these thumbnails to show un-distorted in mobile devices. It seems that the crop to fit is to make an image fill the max image size. Is this correct? Why are my images that have thumbnails specified to 70px x 70px still getting distorted in the mobile browsers? Please let me know what else I can try.

If you are not able to get the thumbnails produced by the svBuilder to look correct I would suggest creating your own thumbnails with an image application such as Photoshop. Create the thumbnails as squares and set their size in your gallery.xml with thumbWidth and thumbHeight.

Mike Richards

svBuilder will create square thumbnail JPGs. Possibly you created your gallery using a different method and are not updating the thumbnail JPGs. Try rebuilding your gallery from scratch to get square thumbnails. You can check the thumbnail JPG dimensions by viewing them in PhotoShop or similar.

Felix Turner