Topic: Simpleviewer mobile: layout woes

Hi everyone,

Over the years I've managed to learn some basic html but I'm by no means a coding guru, so please bear with me. I've built a website (www.dier-en-fotografie.nl) with four underlying Simpleviewer galleries (accessible through the images on the homepage). My version is sv Pro 2.1.2. I've opted for the compact layout and after a lot of fiddling they display fine and with the appropriate width and height on a normal computer but not so much on a mobile device (I'm using an Android phone). In the mobile version the page scales out of proportion. I've tried embedding the gallery inside a div and when that didn't work, a table with a fixed width and height. And then I read the faq on the Simpleviewer site stating that the layout for the mobile version is not the same as the normal Flash layout.

Do I understand correctly that what I'm trying to achieve (taming sv Mobile to stay within the boundaries of my page) is impossible? If so, telling me to stop trying and proceed to the feature request page would save me a lot of trial and error, but if I'm doing something wrong and it is possible, please advise.

Thanks!

Re: Simpleviewer mobile: layout woes

Yes it's possible to give the Mobile Gallery specific dimensions. It should use the same dimensions as the Flash Gallery as specified in the embed code: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … tml#params

You can see an example here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/examples/compact/

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Simpleviewer mobile: layout woes

Hi Felix, thanks for getting back to me. The size is correctly listed:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "725", "600", "FFFFFF", true );
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

However, I believe the issue is with the Android browsers (default and Dolphin), they seem to zoom in the moment the page is opened, making it appear as if the gallery totally distorts the page. I had a hunch and opened the site on my work mobile (Blackberry) and it worked as expected.

Now I'm even happier with the product  smile