Topic: XML gallery works with old SWF, but not after upgrading?

I followed the instructions to a T, setting up the standard index.html to reference gallery.xml, which in turn references the images I desire - no syntax errors in either my index.html or my gallery.xml file. The standard version of TiltView works fine, loading my images up without a problem.

But the moment I copy the TiltViewer.swf over the old one, the page stops working. If I turn the page to Flickr mode, it works with the new version just fine.

However, I want more control over my SWF than Flickr allows, and want to go the XML route.

Help?

Re: XML gallery works with old SWF, but not after upgrading?

Please post a URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

It's not hosted yet. Want me to upload the file somewhere so you can see the index.html and the gallery.xml? It should be hosted tomorrow, otherwise.

Also, the Flickr one says you need it to be web-hosted for it to work, but mine is simply local on my machine here and it is the only one that is working. Weird?

If there was a problem with your Pro SWF file, then you shouldn't be able to view any galleries (but you can - your Flickr gallery).
The fact that everything is fine with the Standard SWF file would seem to imply that the rest of the gallery files are OK.
It would be much easier to troubleshoot if we could see the gallery files.
You could either wait until you have uploaded the gallery and post a URL or, if the gallery folder is small enough, you could zip it (or at least zip the core files without the images) and upload that somewhere.
At the moment, without seeing the files, I'm not sure what would be causing the problem.

Steven Speirs

Here you go - these are all the files involved.

I put in both versions of the SWF - the TiltViewer is the non-pro version. If you run the index.html exactly as it is, you'll notice it works great. However if you rename the TiltViewerPro to TiltViewer (renaming the other one whateve)... it simply doesn't work.

Very confusing, as that is the only variable changing.

If I run that SWF file on it's own from it's original Pro folder, it executes fine (using the normal flickr pictures that come loaded default).

Oops. Link might help.

http://www.2shared.com/file/HkIa7UUU/Portfolio.html

Thank for responding at this late hour, by the way!

Last edited by FIX8 (2011-02-04 06:08:08)

Thanks.
Judging by the MD5 hash of your TiltViewer Pro SWF file, you have TiltViewer Pro v1.2 and, indeed, your gallery fails to display.
I swapped in my TiltViewer Pro v1.3.1 SWF file and your gallery works fine.

You can download the most recent version of TiltViewer Pro by using the link in your purchase email (as the latest version has the same major version number as the version you purchased).
If your link has expired or you cannot find it, please fill in this form to receive a new link: http://simpleviewer.net/support/admin/upgrade.html

I don't know what is causing the problem but using the latest version of TiltViewer Pro should solve it.

Steven Speirs

Awesome, I didnt even realize there was a new version. Thanks