Topic: Maximum number of images in pro

Hi
can you tell me the maximum number of images I can use with SV2 pro?
I have about 7,500 images averaging about 50kb each and would like to load up to 15 (thumbnails) per page.
And I would like to keep all my images in one image folder.
Is this practical.

thanks

Re: Maximum number of images in pro

The maximum images a SimpleViewer Pro gallery can handle is "unlimited" or 500 if you use flickr. How you set imagePreloading will also effect this most computers will not be able to handle imagePreloading set to ALL with a gallery of that size. Additionally I would suggest breaking up the images in to multiple galleries instead of just one as most people will not spend the time to browse through a gallery of that size.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

A gallery with 7,500 images is probably going to load really slowly and may cause flash to crash. Also if you spend 5 seconds looking at each image it would take over 10 hours to view all the images! So I would suggest making your gallery smaller.

Felix Turner

Thanks guys

I should have said that there will be a number of galleries not just one, but I now see that I will have to think carefully how to build the website as I must obviously have a different folder for each gallery.

thanks again

my SV builder will not allow me to add 1000 images, I receive an error message, choose less pictures, why is that happening if there is not a limit? also in regard to the discussion, what is the maximum amount of images, resized properly for webs viewing, that is recommended?

my SV builder will not allow me to add 1000 images, I receive an error message, choose less pictures

Which version of svBuilder are you running? I don't have that test in the latest version.

what is the maximum amount of images, resized properly for webs viewing, that is recommended?

Think about it from the user's perspective. Would you want to click through 1000 images? 200? Probably not. I reccomend galleries have around 30 images, but of course it depends on the purpose of the gallery. For more images we recommend breaking them up into multiple galleries.

Galleries with more images are going to take longer to load as the XML data needs to be read before the first image is displayed.

Felix Turner