Topic: Adding pictures without svManager

Hi,

I created a gallery with svManager. After uploding everthing looks great! I was wondering how I could add pictures to my gallery from a pc without svManager installed (i.e. internetcafe)?

Thanks,

Sandra

Re: Adding pictures without svManager

Since svManager is (usually) installed on your server, you can access it from any computer with internet access and a web browser. If you are accessing it from an internet cafe just be careful not to let the browser store your password and remember to log out again when you've finished!

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Sorry for my late reply. I made a mistake in my first post. I purchased SimpleViewer Pro and I am using svBuilder-Pro for my gallery (not svManager). Is there a way to upload pictures to an existing gallery? Or do I have to purchase svManager also?

Last edited by sanjanssen (2011-04-26 18:39:09)

I am using svBuilder-Pro for my gallery (not svManager). Is there a way to upload pictures to an existing gallery?

Yes. Open the local copy of your gallery using svBuilder-Pro, then add your new images. Publish the gallery and re-upload the files to your website.

Felix Turner

OK, so I need to upload gallery.xml, my new pictures, the thumbs and the index.html?

If you are just adding images you just need to upload the new images, thumbnails and XML.

Felix Turner

Felix wrote:

If you are just adding images you just need to upload the new images, thumbnails and XML.

Hmm, since I use captions I also have to upload the gallery.xml, right? Doesn't sound easy to use for uploading a picture once in a while. If I also purchase svManager this will all be a lot easier, right?

Last edited by sanjanssen (2011-04-27 06:46:15)

You can use the same image for the 'imageURL' as the 'thumbURL' if you like, so when adding a new image, only one image has to be uploaded.
However, SimpleViewer needs to know what images it should display in the gallery and the captions have to be stored somewhere.  All this information is contained in a single file (the gallery's XML file) which must also be re-uploaded when adding images to a gallery.

When using svManager and adding images through its interface, the uploading of the images to the correct location and the updating of the XML file are done automatically.

Steven Speirs

Thanks for your answer Steven.

I didn't spoil my money on buying SimpleViewer Pro? I mean, I can only use svManager when I also bought SimpleViewer Pro?

svManager comes with the Standard (non-Pro) versions of the viewers (AutoViewer, PostcardViewer, SimpleViewer and TiltViewer) and can be used to create and edit such galleries (without the need to purchase a Pro viewer).

SimpleViewer Pro removes the 50-image limit, removes the SimpleViewer badge/link and gives you access to all the Pro Options.
In order to upgrade svManager to use SimpleViewer Pro, please see here: http://simpleviewer.net/svmanager/support/#svpro

Purchasing SimpleViewer Pro also gives you svBuilder-Pro to create and edit SimpleViewer Pro galleries via an easy-to-use interface.

Steven Speirs

I am a bit confused now. Here http://www.simpleviewer.net/svmanager/ I found out that svManager will cost 35 dollars. But after reading your answer I assume that this includes Simpleviewer Pro? Just to be clear: I already bought SimpleViewer Pro 3 months ago.
SvBuilder Pro is very nice but since I want to upload pictures to my galleries from different computers I think with svManager this will be an easier job. I downloaded the standard version but no svManager folder there. I think I am missing something...

svManager is sold separately form the other Pro Products to use svManager with SimpleViewer Pro you need to purchase both of the products.

svManager comes with the standard (non-Pro) versions of the viewers built into it. When you have purchase both SimpleViewer Pro and svManager follow the svManager upgrade directions in the support documents to use svManager with SimpleViewer Pro

http://www.simpleviewer.net/svmanager/support/#svpro

Mike Richards