Topic: image location problem in mobile/html

I have set up several galleries that all work in Flash mode. When the same gallery is accessed in mobile (non Flash) mode, the images are not found. I have tried all combos of baseURL,  imageURL and galleryURL that I can think of without success.

I have set the image name in the xml file without any path information. This displays fine on the Flash version, but not the mobile version.
<image>
<filename>DSC04756.JPG</filename>
</image>
<image>
<filename>DSC04744.JPG</filename>
</image>
<image>

If is set the image name to include the image folder, it works fine on the mobile version but not on the Flash version.
<image>
<filename>images/DSC04756.JPG</filename>
</image>
<image>
<filename>images/DSC04744.JPG</filename>
</image>
<image>

I use a common svcore folder for all galleries, but have tried it with the svcore folder  in the gallery folders as well.

You can easily see what I am talking about at:
http://www.cruiseinwheels.com/slides/
I have changed the xml file for the JDRF Charity Cruise so that the image path is added to the file name on the first 3 entries only. There are two identical galleries listed there with the only difference being that one has the use flash set to false.

I would also like to have the mobile/html version display in full screen mode at startup. Is this possible? Androids are my concern here.

By the way. This is a great product and the Pro version is worth more than you charge for it. I have been working with internet sites for over 20 years and Simpleviewer ranks among my top 5 products for functionality, simplicity and value.

Re: image location problem in mobile/html

You are using an older version of the XML, for SimpleViewer 2 your image tags in the XML should look like the following.

<image imageURL="images/wide.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/wide.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
    <caption><![CDATA[Welcome to <u><a href="http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro" target="_blank">SimpleViewer-Pro</a></u>.]]></caption>    
</image>

Follow the upgrade instructions to upgrade your existing gallery. Use the copy of svBuilder Pro that came in the download file for SimpleViewer Pro 2.1.2.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi,

you need to update your gallery XML. The old image tag format is not supported by the Mobile player. So for each image tag, you need to replace this:

<image>
<filename>DSC04756.JPG</filename>
</image>

with this:

<image imageURL="images/DSC04756.JPG" thumbURL="thumbs/DSC04756.JPG"></image> 

You can do this automatically by opening and re-saving the galleries with svBuilder-Pro.

Felix Turner

Thanks. That corrected the problem. I will need to re-write the program that generates the xml from submitted photos. Do I need all the extra link and caption lines in the xml? I would like to keep the files as small as possible for mobile transmission.

One other related issue.  When I go to full screen on a mobile device, it gives me the dreaded XML not found error. If I check the non-Flash version with a PC, it goes into full sceen just as it should. Any ideas? This is most likely a mobile browser quirk. I tried this on 2 different Android devices using the default browser and also a Dolphin browser. I would also like to start Android devices in full screen mode if possible.

When I go to full screen on a mobile device, it gives me the dreaded XML not found error

It works here. Try clearing your cache.

I would also like to start Android devices in full screen mode if possible.

That is not supported.

Felix Turner