Topic: I just bought Pro. What do I do now?

Hello
I've been creating web galleries using picasa & simpleviewer. I've just bought the pro version and downloaded the zipped file. It contains 3 directories (examples, source and web) and a readme.

However, the documentation doesn't appear to instruct me on what to do now. How do I upgrade my current Picasa installation so that it uses the new pro version?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Regards,
Mark

Re: I just bought Pro. What do I do now?

Hi,

to upgrade your Picasa installation to Pro, copy viewer.swf from the web folder in your downloaded files to the simpleviewer_picasa_template folder on your computer (usually C:Program FilesPicasa2webtemplatessimpleviewer_picasa_template )

- Felix

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for that. I'll do that now.
Maybe this should be in the documentation? I was completely stuck at the first hurdle

thanks for your efforts in providing support and for creating a great gallery solution

Regards,
Mark

Update:
http://www.markgoodwinpianos.co.uk/img/ … o/gallery/

I just get white crosses now.
I created an album the usual way but I just get white crosses. Any idea what's going wrong here?

thanks
Mark

Well I haven't been able to fix the problem where all my photos become white crosses. So instead I took the pro version that I just bought and copied the new viewer.swf file into the web > picases_template directory on a different computer of mine.

I was then able to create a gallery which worked properly (no white crosses) BUT there is still the simpleviewer/download link in the bottom corner which shouldn't be there. I tried restarting picasa (and my pc) but this didn't work either.

Here is the gallery using the pro viewer.swf file and picasa template
http://www.markgoodwinpianos.co.uk/img/ … u3-photos/

Please can someone help me set this up?
How do I install pro? There must be some standard instructions for upgrading from standard to pro whilst using picasa.

Please help. I'm getting depressed and stressed smile
Thanks in advance
Mark[/url]

Any tips on upgrading?
I copied the pro version viewer.swf into the web/templates/picasa folder but they still come out with the download link etc.

regards,
mark

Hi,

my mistake. The Pro swf should be copied to C:Program FilesPicasa2webtemplatessimpleviewer_picasa_templateassets

Then restart Picasa and you will be all set.

- Felix

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.