Topic: Problem with image path

I have earlyer jused a old version of simpleviewer (not pro) but now I have upgraded to the latest version and pro.
I have to get myt pictures path from a Access database, so i have made a dynamic xml file - so far so good.

My problem is the path to the pictures.

In the earlyer version i get the picture like this:
In the top of the page in "<simpleviewergallery>" I have this:
imagePath="billeder/"
thumbPath="billeder/"

And then each pictures line look like this:
<image><filename><%=rs("mappe")%>/prevs/<%=rs("prev")%></filename></image>

But its only load the large picture not the thumbnail

In the new version, the xml settings looks like this:
<image imageurl="/<%=rs("mappe")%>/prevs/<%=rs("prev")%>" thumburl="/<%=rs("mappe")%>/thumbs/<%=rs("thumb")%>" linkurl="" linktarget="" ></image>

The strages is, that if I juse <filename> my pictures works perfect, but with imageurl and thumurl I only get a cross and now images..

Can someone help me with this problem?

Re: Problem with image path

What are you using for your dynamic xml php, asp, etc? Do you have A URL we can take a look at? Does your dynamic xml file have a content type XML set?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi,

imagePath and thumbPath are no longer supported. Please use the full path to the image and thumbnail in the imageURL and thumbURL values.

Felix Turner

Hey, sorry for the late reply... I have just found my failer... I have wrote "imageurl" and "thumburl" not "imageURL" and "thumbURL" - Now it works perfect :-)

Felix wrote:

Hi,

imagePath and thumbPath are no longer supported. Please use the full path to the image and thumbnail in the imageURL and thumbURL values.

So then why is there still these terms:

...imagePath="../photos/" thumbPath="../thumbnails/"

... in the end of the code below?

<simpleviewergallery title="Composition: Rule of Thirds" galleryStyle="MODERN" thumbPosition="LEFT" textColor="0x888888" frameColor="0x222222" thumbColumns="4" thumbRows="3" frameWidth="8" showOpenButton="false" showFullscreenButton="true" maxImageWidth="1008" maxImageHeight="1008" useFlickr="false" flickrUserName="" flickrTags="" languageCode="AUTO" languageList="" imagePath="../photos/" thumbPath="../thumbnails/"

Last edited by wrazoru (2012-07-31 12:50:12)

@wrazoru

I do not know how or when your gallery's XML file was generated but the imagePath and thumbPath attributes were deprecated in v2.1.2. Please see the SimpleViewer Version History for details.
The current (v2.3.0) versions of svBuilder and svBuilder-Pro (which come with SimpleViewer-Standard and SimpleViewer-Pro respectively) do not insert imagePath and thumbPath entries when generating gallery XML files.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

@wrazoru

I do not know how or when your gallery's XML file was generated but the imagePath and thumbPath attributes were deprecated in v2.1.2. Please see the SimpleViewer Version History for details.
The current (v2.3.0) versions of svBuilder and svBuilder-Pro (which come with SimpleViewer-Standard and SimpleViewer-Pro respectively) do not insert imagePath and thumbPath entries when generating gallery XML files.

Hi Steven, the version i'm using is v2.1.3 with Lightroom...Does imagePath & thumbPath do anything there?? doesn't seem too...

the version i'm using is v2.1.3 with Lightroom...Does imagePath & thumbPath do anything there?

No. Leaving the entries in your gallery's XMl file will do no harm but they are redundant and can safely be removed.
If you like, you can remove the imagePath and thumbPath entries directly from the TTG SimpleViewer's 'xmlTransformer.xslt' file (by editing it in a plain text editor) so that they do not appear in the XML files of your generated galleries.
You may also wish to upgrade TTG SimpleViewer to the latest version (v2.3.0). It can be downloaded from this page and can be upgraded from SimpleViewer-Standard (which it comes bundled with) to SimpleViewer-Pro by following the instructions on this page.

Steven Speirs

I am still on Lightroom v3.6...version 4 is a lot slower...

Does the newest SimpleViewer version work with Lightroom v3.6? or has it only been tested with version 4?

Would it be safer to download SimpleViewer 2.2?

Does the newest SimpleViewer version work with Lightroom v3.6?

The current version of TTG SimpleViewer (v2.3.0.1) should work fine with Lightroom 3.
Quoting from this TTG SimpleViewer web page (referring to the current version):

System Requirements

TTG SimpleViewer requires Adobe Lightroom 3 or greater.

Please note, however, that TTG SimpleViewer (the SimpleViewer plugin for Lightroom) was not written by ourselves and I have not personally tested the current version with Lightroom 3.

Steven Speirs

Super Thanks Steven! I'll try out the newest version then..

Btw...I just tried the yr new JuiceViewer demo on an iPhones OperaMini & it seemed to hv some problems loading properly...both for thumbnail page & full view...

Cheers...

We are aware of the issues regarding the display of Juicebox galleries in Opera Mini but thank you for reporting.

Steven Speirs

Hi Steve, any ideas when i relink the photos & thumb folder to another path that i loose the thumbnails version on the iphone?

I've tested it with the following 2 galleries...Version 06 was duplicated from 05 & then in the folder of version06 gallery.xml relinked the photos & thumb folder outside the 06 gallery folder. The photos & thumbs show fine on a laptop...the only thing that changes are the thumbnails in the iphone version. Oldly, only SOME of the thumbnails show...

http://aguapictures.com/Gallery/_Worksh … index.html
http://aguapictures.com/Gallery/_Worksh … index.html

Here's the code which is altered in the version 06 gallery.xml file which was done w/ a universal find & replace to change the links:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<simpleviewergallery title="Simpleviewer Gallery" galleryStyle="MODERN" thumbPosition="LEFT" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0x383838" thumbColumns="3" thumbRows="3" frameWidth="8" showOpenButton="false" showFullscreenButton="true" maxImageWidth="1024" maxImageHeight="1024" useFlickr="false" flickrUserName="" flickrTags="" languageCode="AUTO" languageList="" imagePath="../../../zAssets/images/" thumbPath="../../../zAssets/thumbs/">
    <image imageURL="../../../zAssets/images/PA232110.jpg" thumbURL="../../../zAssets/thumbs/PA232110.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="">
        <caption>&lt;b&gt;The basic thirds splits the canvas into thirds both horizontally and vertically&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Camera: C5050Z&lt;br&gt;Filename: PA232110</caption>
    </image>
    <image imageURL="../../../zAssets/images/P12010300199.jpg" thumbURL="../../../zAssets/thumbs/P12010300199.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="">
        <caption>&lt;b&gt;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Camera: XZ-1&lt;br&gt;Filename: P12010300199</caption>
    </image>

PS: what does the linkURL & linkTarget do?

Cheers....

Last edited by wrazoru (2012-08-02 16:51:18)

Hi Steve, any ideas when i relink the photos & thumb folder to another path that i loose the thumbnails version on the iphone?

It looks like some of your thumbnails in the 06 gallery have not been uploaded to the correct location (or the references to the thumbnails in your gallery's XML file do not match the actual thumbnail file names). Check your 'zAssets/thumbs/' folder to make sure that the thumbnails are there and check that the thumbURLs are correct in your gallery's XML file taking care to ensure that the case (uppercase vs lowercase) is correct. Your web server is likely to be case-sensitive and .jpg is not the same as .JPG.
If a thumbURL is missing, the Flash Player will fall back to display the imageURL but the Mobile Player will not. This accounts for all the thumbnails being displayed on your laptop but not on your iPhone.

PS: what does the linkURL & linkTarget do?

If your gallery uses the 'Open Image In New Window' button (showOpenButton="TRUE") or sets imageClickMode="OPEN_URL" , then you can store a URL in the linkURL (absolute or relative to the HTML page containing the embedding code) which will be opened instead of the imageURL when the user clicks on the button or mian image. The URL will be opened in a new tab/window specified by the linkTarget (for example, '_self' for the same tab/window or '_blank' for a new tab/window).

Steven Speirs

HI Steve, any ideas why my captions don't show in this older version of SimpleViewer gallery?

LawrenceAlexWu.com/Awards/index.html

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewerGallery maxImageWidth="1008" maxImageHeight="824" textColor="0x878787" frameColor="0x212121" frameWidth="8" stagePadding="38" thumbnailColumns="6" thumbnailRows="2" navPosition="right" title="&lt;b&gt;INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHIC AWARDS of LAWRENCE ALEX WU&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;" enableRightClickOpen="false" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="../zAssets/images/" thumbPath="../zAssets/thumbs/">

<image>
<filename>P0807115515.jpg</filename>
<caption>&lt;b&gt;Unrevealing as it is, this 2cm forest like structure is the inside of a Common Sea Squirt... In an Enchanted Garden of Macro.&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt;Highly Commended  – Category: Creative Visions of Nature&lt;br&gt;Wildlife Photographer of the Year (United Kingdom) 2009 &lt;br&gt;BBC Wildlife, Natural History Museum of London and Veolia Environnment
</caption>
</image>
<image>
<filename>____PA232110aa.Fisheye_Out_Of_Water_Elektra_Sunset_View.jpg</filename>
<caption>&lt;b&gt;A fish eye perspective of what our Earth might look like to them or what you might see in this image yourself.&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt;2nd Place winner  – Category: Novice Open Creative&lt;br&gt;OzTek (Australia)
</caption>
</image>

Steven Speirs wrote:

...taking care to ensure that the case (uppercase vs lowercase) is correct.

Thanks alot...this was the problem!!